Recent content by Zen1

1. Z

BBS Reps

Suggest you have a read of something like this:- http://www.nice-wheels.co.uk/pcdandoffset.html Ideally the offset you should look for is at least +45 as the standard wheels are +50 i believe. If you go for a lower offset consider the spoke design. I have a set of +42 offset volk racing wheels...
  2. Z

Help Required...Inlet hose split !

My air inlet hose has split (see below). This has happened in the past 1-2 days as ive been away for the weekend and always make some basic engine checks beforehand. I'm going to try to tape it up so the car is drivable (not vtec) but need to know what i can replace it with. An oem replacement...
  3. Z

Refurbed my wheels

Excellent finish. I've had similar results in the past myself spraying my own wheels (2-3 coats of paint & laquer) Problem is, they seem to chip and scratch a lot easier than powder coated wheels. A professional powder coated finish is more even, durable and is not that expensive. Recently I...
  4. Z

Replacing front pads and Caliper adjustment.

Replaced the passenger side front pads really easily as both pads just slid out simples after pistons were pushed in. =D> Original problem I had with driver side was that the inside pad had been hammered in and was really tight to get out. I know this as even after I cleaned the housing the...
  5. Z

I managed to free up outermost pad and then push the 2 pistons in quite easily with the method you described. This one can now be easily removed and replaced. The inner pad however, i cannot free up enough to slide out as I think there is a small lip restricting movement out. The pistons seem...
  6. Z

Yeah, took the cap of the brake reservoir but they just wouldnt budge. Saying that, I never tried to push in the pistons so maybe theyre the problem ? I'd read that if the pads are tight you could loosen the caliper enough to give them more slack. Probably I just need to be a bit more...
  7. Z

Annoyed with myself as I tried to replace my front pads and failed. Read the tutorials and got as far as removing the pins and retaining clip but neither pad would slide out or be tempted my a tap here and there. :roll: I'm unsure what i need to do to loosen the calipers so that i can slide...
  8. Z

wheel values?

I nearly bought some Rays ce28's last week but they were 16" and I wasnt sure they'd clear the calipers. I would have paid the £895 asking price too as they were like new. :o In the end I found some Racing Hart CP-035 wheels. They weigh 6.3kg each which is unreal. I think there would be...
  9. Z

Will 16" Rays CE28N Wheels fit a DC5 ?

As subject title please. They are 5 stud, 16x7 et48. Any issues I may run into? I have a fast road setup and I'm on Eibach -22mm springs. Cheers
  10. Z

Cheap Brake Pads

Sounds good but who's David Johnson ? :?
  11. Z

Pioneer F-Series... anyone really know their stuff?

I recently bought the AVIC-F310BT and can recommend. Bought this one because it has a detachable front. It does bluetooth, custom pois.....all that. http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... specs.html
  12. Z

Cheap Brake Pads

I'm after some new front pads too and don't know whether to upgrade or stay oem. Where are the oem's £35 ??
  13. Z

problem starting car

Yes, I did exactly the same myself the other day. One of my main beam lights failed last week and in trying to find the fault i had the lights on for maybe 10-15mins without the engine running. Turns out, moisture got into one of the electronic ballasts which i dried out and managed to get...
  14. Z

I can't put it off any longer

Tried claying mine this morning but the clay turned brick too fast. #-o Gave up after finishing the drivers door.