Search results

1. M

Rear disc and Pads DC5

Rear Brake problem My rear discs always look a bit rusty and not much break pad wear and definatly no brake dust, even after 3000 miles from fitting new pads. I always feel 90% of the breaking is on the front, I've had the rears checked twice and all seems OK. If I break really hard then...
  2. M

Service Intervals

My Dc5 came with the Jap service history, so I went to Honda and they gave me a "Continuation Service Book" I filled in the past service details and then Honda now stamp it each service which is 9000 miles. As honda use the speedo reading , I also add the actual mileage ie adjusting for the km...
  3. M

Which Springs for road use

I've just fitted Eibacks with std dampers, lower the car about 1" . The ride is great for road use compared with the stock springs and the handling much improved especially on rough roads. The f1 tyres are help comaired with the Jap tyres.
  4. M

Which Springs for road use

I,ve changed the jap tyres for Eagle F1's and this has made the ride on our terrible Gloucestershire roads better, however I do want to put on some softer springs, I.ve read many views and nearly decided to go for Eibach Pro-Kit springs which also lowers the car 25mm. Anyone been using the...
  5. M

Speaker sizes......

Suggest you also change the tweeters to match your new fronts (I think many fronts come with matching tweeters, it was very easy to change the tweeters Martin
  6. M

Speaker sizes......

I moved the fronts to the back No cutting required, very easy, however the sound is so so, really needs some good base speakers so I think some time I will upgrade. no rears in mine when it came Martin
  7. M

Engine Service - Valves

Hi Dan the man Ok,...The cam shaft is driven from the crankshaft. Honda changed on i-vtecfrom belt to chain, be happy this is good news, never heard of a chain snapping but belts can go (major problem) Martin
  8. M

Engine Service - Valves

Every 9000 miles, also Honda gave me a "Continuation Service Book" so the services can be stamped up, (FSH !) Martin
  9. M

Engine Service - Valves

My DC5 now covered 27K, so 3rd service due. I aleady replaced the pads and changed the oil so look it into Honda for an engine service. DC5's do not have a cam belt or self adjusting valves, so at 27k the valve clearence needs adjusting, Honda charged 1 hr labour. and they advised all...
  10. M

2nd Gear Synchro

Mines done 28000 miles and I decided to change the gearbox oil, except when very cold the change to second is now smoth. Honda changed the oil, its full synthetic in the gearbox, cost £15 for the oil (1.8 lts) + 10 min for labour Martin
  11. M

What Tyres?

Hi Jon Thanks for the info on springs, The handling is great now with the F1's and at present the ride is not to hard for me, may think about springs later. I have a Jap handbook, pressures are 2.3 front, 2.2 back Martin
  12. M

Wipers

Hi adz Sorry no part no but quoting size and specify spoiler whould be OK as universal fitting Martin
  13. M

Headlight upgrade

Hi adz The new main been colour is similar to the HID dipped, but much more light. I think I will leave the side light Martin
  14. M

What Tyres?

Post of 20 Feb:Mine came with Yokohama Advan AO 46, I find the ride very hard and the grip in the wet poor especially when its cold their like concrete. I travel to Thailand quite often and there they change tyres every 2 years as the rubber goes so hard with the heat, so I thing this is also...
  15. M

DC5 help & general questions.

I agree some Honda agents are good especially Steels who understand the system to check part numbers. Most parts available within 48 hrs, if it has to come from Japan then takes 10 days. I took out an extended warrantee on my y51 / 24,000 miles. Cost £550 for 2 years inc full AA,(Hondacare...
  16. M

Exhaust comparisons and sound samples?

Talked to Power Station in Cheltenham, they rate the standard air filter, they tested some others and actually found they reduced power on their Dyno. Alternative exhausts do give a very small benefit, expensive upgrade for just 2 or 3 BHP.
  17. M

what octane petrol???

Talked to Power Station about fuels, they have tested performance on their Dyno, Optimax gave most power, Esso 97 also nearly as good, the new BP ultimate not so good. I tried Esso 97 and find the engine smoother and can’t feel any difference in performance . Also Optimax works fine...
  18. M

Speaker sizes......

I had no problems upgrading the speakers. I’ve fitted Alpine SXS1757 speakers in the front (165 mm DIN), go straight in, I then moved the old fronts to the rear as mine also came without rears.
  19. M

My new Stereo

My Jap radio was terrible, cd’s jump, radio band not compatable , to many flashing light, so I fitted an Alpine CDM 9803RR radio the display is red so matches the dash lights, and the fitter found a pocket to fill the gap. Recommend you fit the radio in the lower position on the Din2...