Search results

1. M

DC5 Revision?

When speaking to Japan last year they said they were doing a deal (not a very good one) as the DC5 was changing. I subsequently ordered another new Racing Type R and took delivery a few weeks ago. Noticed this weekend that the chassis number now starts 21 which look like a new set of numbers for...
  2. M

Spoon Baffled Sump

Anybody point me in the right direction to purchase. Anywhere in the UK? Cheers Mike
  3. M

Engine Pinging

Pinging Engine Not had much to do with the DC5 engine yet but would advise checking to see how the engine is running in a good old fashioned way. Take it for a reasonable run and endeavour to stop it without letting it idle to much if at all. Take a plug out and firstly look at the condition of...
  4. M

Running In

SVA test Thanks for the quick response, I'll stick to the 700m before hitting the iVTEC. As to the SVA test, nightmare, roof lining, air bag, rear reg light, heater, full pyrotechnic seat belt, new tyres. now I can throw most of it away, unweld the caps over the seat fixings and fit seats and...
  5. M

Running In

Finally got my Racing Type R ( stripped ) registered. Now I can play, what is the recommended running in procedure for it. Get varying information from the Honda Dealers so thought best to ask the experts. Need to get a lightweight underseal for it as well before it goes on the road, any ideas.