Search results

1. F

My car sold.

The new owner is coming tommorow with a 10K check for my car. I am shopping for a new car now. Since i drive a lot i am currently looking at something at least 30% more fuel efficient but with no sacrafice on power. So yesteday i visit the local BMW dealer and am thinking of buying one of this...
  2. F

Checking valves

Anyone had their vavles check? I have about 60K now and i am thinking if that is really necessary. Also anyone change the timing chain?
  3. F

FD and DC5

Any one own both and can give us an honest opinion...i am about to sell my DC5 as i want something newer. i want someone unbiased as Honda promos are not for me. I want to know: FD vs DC5 1. handling. 2. ride quality 3. fuel economy, othwerwise i would consider an EVO
  4. F

spoiler questions

I am thinking of replacing the OEM spoiler with the RSX type one that is smaller and looks more like a fing. I seen some facelift DC5 Type R sold with the smaller spoiler and i think for my taste its better looking. However, did anyone tested and made sure that the OEM spoiler offers better...
  5. F

Grinding noise at 4000rpm.

It comes at about 4000 rpm and after about 200 rpm dissappears..it will stay there if you keep rpm same..it sounds like something like a heat shield touching...my car is completely stock now. any ideas as what to check. oil is good at max level.
  6. F

Some squeeks and detiorating driving performance

I have almost 60K on my car right now...I am driving over some terrible tarmac and in the past i had a bent rim. I notice that the ride quality of the car deteriorate greatly, it just crashes over pot holes and bumps...i hit the bump stop more often. I can not see any problems (anything broken)...
  7. F

handling issues after replacing my tires

Hi guys, I was running pilot sports with 215/40 rubber and now switched to 215/45 Yoko Advan Neova AD07. I notice that my rear end became more unstable and almost crash the other day...i had my car checked for alignment and seems normal. Anyone has any idea why this happened? what to do to...
  8. F

Need help to decide on ECU

I cant have Hondadata so, what would i do: 1) Get to a guy i know he does great job with Motec and tuned my car using a motec ECU. I need your input on motec since no one mention it here. 2) Get a Mugen one So far i have only a Spoon Drop in Filter and i will be getting a full exhaust before...
  9. F

New Sti Launched in Japan!

http://www.subaru.jp/impreza/wrxsti/index.html Apparently it makes 306hp and 422NM torque..
  10. F

Clutch prices. Which to get?

Can anyone tell me the price for OEM clutch? I think i need one as the clutch slips.Also is there a better alternative to OEM, with about the same feel, (not hard to modulate in traffic). Thanks.
  11. F