Search results

1. B

Goodbye DC5, Hello EP3

I am afraid it is time, I watched with a tear in my eye as my 2002 CW 23000km type R bunny hopped down the road with its new 19yr old owner at the wheel (one lesson on how to drive a manual). I let him know before he left that if anything untoward should happen to the car to give me a call so...
  2. B

Anyone used the neuspeed sport or race springs on their DC5?

As above the sport is 38mm drop and the race is 55mm drop (too much for me). Cheers, Charles
  3. B

key in ignition beeper?

I am still tracking down my dash gremlins in my DC5R. Can anyone tell me if the beeper goes, like in most hondas, when you you leave the key in the ignition or the lights on with the door open? My beeper momentarily comes on as you turn off the ignition. Cheers
  4. B

Dash cluster faults

I have finally bought a DC5. CW 2002, 20000kms on it. After driving 400kms back from the place of purchase a number of problems have surfaced Dash cluster- Brake warning light on permanently. Intermittant at first. When the brake light is on the temp gauge doesn't work and the open door...
  5. B

Mugen bits

So I am boring everyone with which car to choose. 2003 blue 20K kms or 2002 CW CPG 23K Km. Both stock And NOW 2001 CW CPG, 55K kms but full mugen kit. The latest one is mint with a mugen airbox, mugen twin loop exhaust, mugen struts and mugen ECU. Brand new bridgestone S-03 tyres too. Higher...
  6. B

Which one - Blue or white?

New dilemma in my quest for DC5R ownership. White or Blue. This is compounded by only one real factor year of manufacture I have in the white corner One very tidy 2002 Comfort pack in immaculate condition. 23000kms In the blue corner Less tidy 2003 non comfort pack, exterior in pretty good...
  7. B

Artic Blue - no clear coat in boot jams, under bonnet?

Need some help with an artic blue DC5R which I suspect may have had some considerable painting. Under the bonnet there is no clear coat and the paint is dull. I have seen this before in imports. However, this is also apparent in the equivalent to the door jam but around the rear hatch. Is...
  8. B

Weird resonance sound when free reving

When driving the car and free reving with the clutch in the DC5R I am looking at buying makes a very weird resonance sound. Like a loose heat shield. I could not hear it when under the bonnet and reving the engine by hand. Is this normal? Do any of the others do this? 2003, 20000kms Cheers...
  9. B

DC5R or M3 what to buy?

Blue 2003 DC5R- 20,000kms or 1995 M3 with leather - 170,000kms The M3 is a car I have wanted for some time likes since 2003 when it was first released. The DC5R seems to make more sense (cheaper to insure, cheaper to run, less to go wrong, very low kms) Anyone driven them both and can tell...