Search results

1. B

goodbye DC5

DEAD DC5 After watching some videos of dc2's on rolling roads and on the track, i think im gonna go dc2....I miss that audible vtec step you get from b series engines...There always neck and neck with dc5s on the track...besides there cheaper insurance, which will now be a big factor! Ive...
  2. B

goodbye DC5

Hi Yeh standard suspension. I meant the camber.
  3. B

goodbye DC5

Hi No, the camber and set up had been fiddled with in japan to compensate for the rims that it had on originally. they were weds bronze jobbies. I just didnt like them, since they were funny little split rim ones that looked like 15"s. These had an offset of 40mm and were wide as hell on a...
  4. B

Pulling to the right under accleration

Hi Thanks for the reply guys, but it pulled a little too far to the right on saturday afternoon, and slid into the opposite pavement, then flat span into a tree backwards and wrote "itself" off.....total loss , 3 broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, no dc5... i live and learn... It was booked in...
  5. B

goodbye DC5

everyone On saturday i put my beloved dc5 backwards into a massive oak tree at around 70mph and she is well and truly dead. Although the seats broke 3 of my right ribs, the car saved my life. It didnt crumple up, and just ended up with a much shorter boot......24 inchs shorter...
  6. B

Pulling to the right under accleration

Hi I just swapped my weds racing wheels (40mm offset) that came on the car for some standard white dc5 rims. I jacked the car up with a trolley on the correct points. The tyre pressures and treads are all ok, but when i accelerate, it pulls strongly to the right.... I only changed the...
  7. B

Rattle from the rear!

rattle Hi I have annoying rattles too....the one coming from the boot i found, was firstly the tool bag under the wheel, and after that, on the n/s/r rear light area, there is a plastic little door thing. Take it out and tap the area between the flap thing and the rear black plastic boot...
  8. B

Extended Warranty??? Compatible or Worthwhile?

warranties Hi Mate I got a private warranty from the garage i bought my dc5 from. Waste of frigging time. I got the top (Edited - We do not tollerate indication of Swearing) one, and it was still a waste of time. There is so many exclusions and small print, it isnt worth the grief. My...
  9. B

Recaro material

Alcantara Hi My drivers seat has discoloration on the door side bolster and have looked into getting the material through a friend of mine who is one of the head trimmers at a large luxury yacht company in the uk. He has re-trimmed a few of my car's interior in mad leather, but can also...
  10. B

Random Clicking noise

click/rattle Hi I have the same fault, Thought it was brake bind - no steering pump priming - no Drivers seat belt bolt was actually to blame...wierd, Someone had left a bendy washer thing off at some point in its life, so the eye of the belt (bigger than the bolt) was rattling with my...
  11. B

DC5 mini review from an ex DC2...

review for dc5 Hi Noticed something tonight.... Get underneath the steering column and dash and look at the finish of the carpet.....They have just cut if off above the pedals..... Build quality, although a Honda, the standard is low. I know they wanted to reduce weight, but a bit of sound...
  12. B

Strange missing

dc5 missing Hi Turns out its a simple issue The battery was knackered, which i changed, and in doing so noticed the cold air feed connection from the grill to the airbox intake had come off due to the engine moving. (its a wierd looking rubber pipe that looks like it was destined to come off...
  13. B

DC5 mini review from an ex DC2...

review Hi I agree, my friend, with all that was said. I went from b16 crx gen to to the dc5, its not quite as savage, but on the speedo, is much quicker. 1 slight downside... DC5 + RAIN = pointless in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I have awesome goodyear eagle f1s and they spin in the rain in the first...
  14. B

Strange missing

dc5 running Hi The plugs i took out were denso's but not iridiums. They had badly covered tips and rust marks around the base where they meet the head, i reckon these were in the car for a while. I want to look at earths tomorrow sometime, is there any wierd locations for any? I am still...
  15. B

DC5 Recall Annoucement

recall issue Hi I am a newbie am am quite ignorant in the way of the dc5, so i contacted Honda Uk and my local dealership regarding this worrying recall. Honda Uk were pretty much useless regarding this issue. The dealership (horizon christchurch, dorset) took the car for an hour or so and...
  16. B

Strange missing

Hi Does anyone elses dc5, sometimes seem unresponsive and almost like its running damp? occasionally mine seems like its missing. I have swapped the plugs for iridium's, but to no avail. Its ok most of the time but sometimes it hesitates. if you then thrash the ring out of it,its ok after but...
  17. B

DC5 Recall Annoucement

dc5 Recall Hi I am a newbie am am quite ignorant in the way of the dc5, so i contacted Honda Uk and my local dealership regarding this worrying recall. Honda Uk were pretty much useless regarding this issue. The dealership (horizon christchurch, dorset) took the car for an hour or so and...
  18. B

Newbie Just bought a DC5

newbie dc5 Hi Sorry Apologies, but another quick question...Headlights The garage that imported it, told me that the HID lamps were removed due to the mot or sva test. The main (full) beam is awesome, but on dipped for every day usage is crap, at speed on country lanes, you may as well have a...
  19. B

Newbie Just bought a DC5

Integra Newbie Hi Thanks for the replies I shall look into the bumper intakes, i have ordered it now and he got me a blue adonised one from the states, so he may be a bit menstraul if i cancel it. Your right though, an in bay one is going to make sod all difference is it.. It handles like...
  20. B

Newbie Just bought a DC5

Hi everyone I just bought a 51 plate DC5 in blue and am well pleased with it. I previously had a k reg gen 2 crx vt, so im used the the vtec scream, I had a 325i convertible in between, and what a pile of s*hit that was, anyway...a few questions for those in the know if you please.... I have...