Search results

1. D

Is DC5 R always noisy? and other weird sound....

oh thanks mate!! glad to hear that..... so i guess it is indeed a noisy car ;)
  2. D

Is DC5 R always noisy? and other weird sound....

Guys... got 02 DC5R... i was wondering if all Type R engine make more noise ? (my CRV is quieter for sure, same year). It is best described as 'raspy' engine note, with light 'ticking' sound. my mods include Intake-Race HEader-Tanabe Exhaust, as well as HKS Air Intake filter. Also when...
  3. D

Coil Over noise over bump/ bumpy road

just installed Buddy Club N+ coil over on the weekend. they were perfect, except that the rear wheel/ suspension (on the driver's side) is making a 'clunking' noise whenever it hit bumpy/ uneven road surfaces. all other 3 suspensions are alright anyone had experience like this? what should I...
  4. D

engaging to 1st gear question

Glad to know that my car is normal :D
  5. D

I changed my gearbox oil last month, using FK MASSIMO 75w-90 Gear oil for car with LSD. it's a good oil.... better than Honda's i think
  6. D

well there are a lot of speed bumps around where I live.... so I thought after slowing down, pulling off from 1st gear might be better. well pulling up from the 2nd gear is not a problem at all, the car can pull up strongly with the 2nd gear. thanks mate!!
  7. D

my DC5 R seems difficult to engage into 1st gear, unless i am at almost a complete stop. engaging into any other gear is not a problem. are we required to completely come to a stop before engaging the 1st gear? by the way I also notice that when it's not fully warmed up, engaging the 2nd gear...
  8. D

Need advice on COMPTECH RACE HEADER

Hi all... currently I have DC Sport Shorty header, downpipe and Tanabe Medallion exhaust. I am thinking of getting a used COMPTECH RACE HEADER from my friend's DC5 R (since he will be buying another header).. My query is: 1. Is it a good header? how many hp gain am i looking at? 2. since it is...
  9. D

Newbie need help regarding LSD DC5

thanks mate for your input.... I was told by Honda that gearbox oil change is at every 20,000km interval.. the dumb thing is they dont know what LSD is, :xmad: well Sports car or coupe are mostly grey imports here... anyway many thanks!!! :wink:
  10. D

is HKS Super Mega Flow air intake a good choice

i am thinking of getting a HKS Super Mega FLow. anyone had been using this short-ram intake? is it good?
  11. D

another dumb quest... how do you tell if your LSD is not working properly? like the symptoms... during acceleration or turning the vehicle
  12. D

Hi all... I am n newbie in this forum. Understood that our DC5R comes with standard LSD, right? Well this is kind of new stuff for me. How do we maintain the LSD, is there anything we should check on daily basis like engine oil (pls tell me how if we need). Also, i was told that the LSD oild...
  13. D

hello from new member in Jakarta- DC5 ITR

here is another link to the Tube of this forum (maybe) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh8bNMai ... re=related also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fojiP8 ... re=related
  14. D

hi all... thanks for your warm welcome.... yes, i might be the first Indonesian in this forum... anyway i saw on the Tube the other day of cool DC5 ITRs.... here is the link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW-GV-s0008. mine is actually AUDM Tye R, which is 20hp lower than you guys have...
  15. D

Hi all.... My name is Ted.... and I am from Jakarta, Indonesia.. Just bought a DC5 ITR last week.... other ride is '00 Celica SSII... I have seen this club on YouTube, Really COOOOLLLLLL...... Hope to learn more about DC5 Type R from this forum.... so help me out guys Thanks Ted :D