Search results

1. H

Blower direction on 'Auto'

Does anyone leave their direction dial on Auto while running the blower? I quite often leave the 'Speed' dial on auto as its handy speeding up/slowing down to reach desired temp. Just wondering the sequence the vents open and close while on auto. My preference normally is just staying on...
  2. H

No oil usage!!

I check my car weekly and never seem to have to top up my oil!! I was told to religiously check my oil level on these cars as they use (apparently) a fair amount of oil. I always check a cold engine on a level driveway....... am I not giving it enough 'Tec? Using Millers XFS 5/40.
  3. H

intermittent knocking.

I've started getting an intermittent knocking/clunking noise whenever I'm turning from straight to half or full lock in both directions, sounds like the passenger side. If I stop and turn from lock to lock it doesn't do it everytime. If I stop and pull away at junctions, it sometimes does...
  4. H

Clay bars

What the hell is this all about? I came to have in my possession a Ferecla (sp) clay bar brand new from Halfrauds and thought I would try it out on some panels, unfortunately I didnt have the recommended spray lube but figured soapy water would do ... well, all it managed was to leave blue...
  5. H

Rear disc price differences...?

Can some one please clarify if the DC5 has some sort of unique rear disc sizing or offset, as I'm struggling to understand the varied price range of said item. Honda want £110 for a pair matching the chassis number given. Brakes international quote £62 for 260mm x 9mm for the same car...
  6. H

Snow foam/auto foam

Ok, in the video clips and on the advertising campaigns, when this stuff is put on a car it looks like er snow or shaving foam nearly. I have the Karcher jetwasher and bottle lance etc and using Bilt Hamber Auto foam, I have the water supply on half to three quarters full and the bottle lance...
  7. H

Door lock solenoids struggle in the frost

To the extent that the bally things don't lift and consequently cannot open the door. Entry into the car at 5 am this morning was via the rear hatch, with a dodgy backbone. Anyone else got this problem, is it just a case of removing door card and lube up the linkages etc. Or hope...
  8. H

Jumping out of 1st gear.

Any one else have this? Its only very occasional. While waiting in traffic, put the car in 1st to pull away and the blimmin gear lever nearly snaps your wrist! But like I say, its only very occasional and the moment, thats why it scares the BeJesus out of me!! :o Could it be an engine...
  9. H

Reserve tank.

What are peoples average miles once your petrol warning light illuminates....? Mine comes on a few mm above the 'empty' mark and I'm never sure how far I can realistically push it even driving at a steady pace. As a guesstimate .. I would risk a steady 20 miles..?
  10. H

Door glass

On my door glass, the rubbers dont touch and wipe the glass as the window goes up and down, also it means when washing the car, the water runs straight into the door cavity. Is everyones like this or is mine wrong? :unsure:
  11. H

Wheel problem

Hey chaps, got a small problem that I noticed while cleaning the car today. While cleaning the wheels (white) I notice that some of the spokes have marks in that look like something has been spilt on them like oil or road grime that has got wet and run leaving blackish marks that are impossible...
  12. H

Thanks to ITR OC 20% off insurance

6 years no claims fully comp' £542.
  13. H

Saying Hi and thanks ....

Hi everyone, glad to be part of the fold. Many thanks to Roger and Simon for sorting out the 'inpenetrable' (sp) login system!! Lots of reading to do, so see you laters.... Cheers Daz