Search results

1. D

New EU Reg's for Tyres

As some new EU regulations have recently come in to classify fuel efficency, wet braking and road noise for tyres, I thought it would be interesting to see some comparisons! Here are the rating for a few of our faves, "A" being good, "G" being bad with a few interesting results: 215-45 R17 -...
  2. D

Track Rod Ends

Does anyone know if the RSX track rod end is the same (I'm assuming they are), as these seem like a very good price especially as it's for 2 with a year/20k mile warranty: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649
  3. D

Ohlins coilover bushes

I'm trying to find a pair of replacement bushes for the Ohlins coilovers below (not sure what model???). Ohlins UK (Aurok) don't keep anything on the shelf as they never released them, but surely another brand must have the same size bush. 26mm diameter is what I need. Any ideas guys?
  4. D

Rear Camber Arm Bushes.....

I've got Eibach rear camber arms and the bushes are shot already, anyone know if you can buy a poly upgrade anywhere (searched and no joy) or will it be a Honda only replacement?
  5. D

Tanabe exhausts?

Looking at getting something a little more friendly for my head and the Tanabe Concept G is meant to come in under 93db (current Spec 3 with race header was showing 110db at 4k rpm on the meter!!). Does anyone have any experience of these as the price is quite reasonable from funky power at...
  6. D

Help!! Need a photo.....

Hopefully someone can help me!! I need a photo of the 4 wires going from the first lamba sensor into the plug, but a need to see which colour wires go where in the plug. [-o<
  7. D

Aluminium Intake pipe

I remember seeing on Weggy's Mugen kitted DC5 at japfest that he had a solid intake pipe going to his Mugen airbox, has anyone else done this as think I'll do it to mine or know if it's something you can buy "off the shelf"?
  8. D

Front Bumper & Headlight Removal

I couldn't see that this had been covered before and thought it might help those of you that want to save money on getting your bulbs changed to spend on shiny bits!! First off, nice and easy, jack up the car and use axel stands on the side supports (or if you're dangerous and lazy like me...
  9. D

EP3 Coilovers.......

Right, I'm after a set of KW coilovers for the DC5, but they only make them for the EP3. Can someone confirm what needs to be done/modified to fit EP3 coilovers if anything as all I've found is conflicting information so far! :xconfused:
  10. D

TDI North & Tegiwa Manifold Test/Review

Had a chat with Luke from Tegiwa at Japfest after seeing there latest manifold (Toda copy) for the K20 that has been produced to a much higher standard than the previous offering I decided to bite the bullet. They needed a test car to try it on and get a dyno reading, so a deal was made and the...
  11. D

Pollen Filter Replacement

With all the talk on pollen filters recently I thought I'd do a little "how to" for the less mechanically minded out there as it's very simple!!! First off, open the glovebox and remove these tabs with a twist and a push (one on each side of the glovebox): look like this when out (will be...
  12. D

Wheel Works UK - Crawley

My Work Emotions were looking a bit worse for wear with scuffs, chips flaking and bubbling paint everywhere, so a refurb was in order!! After finding a close match at a local powder coaters to then get told they can only buy the powder 25kgs at a time at a cost of £232 +VAT and I'd have to pay...
  13. D

Strange HID issue....

My HID on the passenger side started playing up a few months ago by flickering then sometimes cutting out but would come back to life if I turned the lights off then on again. It would only do this when cornering hard and I mean hard!! I put it down to being some water in the ballast so took...
  14. D

Attention SKY Insurance

I've had my renewal through and noticed that my previous insurance company QBE that provided my cover through SKY isn't who the renewal is with. It states Markerstudy as the new provider. This is not good, so many bad reviews and comments about these people. I feel you will lose your good...
  15. D

Headlight Restoration

After having my car detailed a few weeks ago I was dissapointed with the look of the headlights always looking dirty after a wash due to the scatches/contamination from over the years. First off, I removed both headlights so I wouldn't have to mask up the car and end up getting polish all over...
  16. D

ATTENTION ALL HEL BRAKE LINE USERS!!!!

I've stolen this from civiclife as this could affect members on here!! It was posted by Import Trung who is a trader and well respected at that: ATTENTION ALL HEL BRAKE LINE USERS!!!! CHECK YOUR HEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES NOW!!!!!!! This was bought to my attention by my customer when he went...
  17. D

Spec 3 and trackdays?

Has anyone had the Buddyclub Spec 3 fitted for a trackday? Did it make it through the sound testing with the bung in? :-k
  18. D

Spec 4 Baffles

The baffles in the centre pipe silencer on my Buddyclub Spec4 rattle at certain revs, am I able to cut it open and re-weld them or.............as it's a bit too quiet for me, could I just remove the silencer altogether for a slightly beefier sound? :twisted:
  19. D

Car Audio Centre ****WARNING****

Hi Guys, Thought I would let you know about www.caraudiocentre.co.uk On the 7th December they took an order from me for a new headunit @ £424.98 (inc. next day delivery). The card was declined as my bank decided to make a fraud check due to the fairly large amount. Car Audio Centre (CAC...
  20. D

Disc recommendations??

Hi, I'm currently running mintex 1144 pads on OEM discs with motul RBF600 fluid and do a few track days a year. My discs will need replacing with my next pad change so was looking for an idea with what to go for and where from? I'm happy sticking with the mintex 1144's, but willing to try...