Search results

1. O

Pollen Filters

Decided today while working on the car to check the pollen filter in the DC5. To my surprise, I found that there were none in my car!! :o Anyway, decided to head down to the local motor factors with the trays and see if I could find a match. Turns out that they're the same ones as found in...
  2. O

DRE Shift Light - A Short Review

Hi guys, Just thought I'd share my experiences with the DRE shift light. I know it won't be to some peoples tastes but hey, each to their own and all that. Purchased it off caraddiction.co.uk via eBay for £80 quid. Very good customer service and really nice people to deal with, after...
  3. O

BHP.

Just something I've been pondering for a good while, not only on this forum, but from reading others as well. I've tried to write a thread on this before, explaining the question or discussion I'm trying to create but failed. I'll try again. So BHP, when you read the thread like the best...
  4. O

Track in the wet - Pictures and Write Up

Hi guys, going to be doing Kirkistown again on Friday and the weather forecast is saying that it could be a wet one. I've done two trackdays before, both have been bone dry (thank god) Just wondering how many of you track junkies have done wet trackdays and how the Integra faired out in terms...
  5. O

Quick one about gear oil

Hi guys, I'm changing the gear oil in the DC5 and just wondering, I've read a few threads here where people are putting in 1.9 litres.. Does it start overflowing if you try and put more than 1.9 litres or does it just take it and could take more???
  6. O

Retro Fit Start Button!?

Hey guys, I was browsing on ebay earlier on (as you do) and came across a start button for the DC5, it's not the oem one, but I was wondering if this would be any good or would I be wasting my time.. http://cgi.ebay.ie/BUTTON-ENGINE-START- ... 2a07e438a0 I got outbid on a genuine honda one a...
  7. O

Servicing

Right, I haven't serviced the DC5 myself as of yet, I normally get my mechanic to do it, the reason I don't do it myself these days is because I can't find the time, the weekends are spent with the missuses or out and about and the weekdays I'm normally working like a dog. Seeing as the summer...
  8. O

Service Manuals?

Browsing on good ol' ebay, I come across this regularly: http://cgi.ebay.ie/HONDA-INTEGRA-DC5-02 ... 4150190f95 Service manuals for the DC5. My question is, anyone any experience with them? Good or bad? Or is it just a scam?
  9. O

Juddering Problem - Sorted :)

Hey guys, just looking for some information. When driving the car today, I've noticed that if, say I'm at 40/50 kmph, and I put it into third or fourth gear and put my foot down a little, the car/engine seems to hesitate or 'bounce' or shake a bit, theres no noise at all, but the engine seems...
  10. O

Recommend me..

Engine oil!! The DC5 is going for its first track day on Saturday, as a final step for the preparation I want to put some good engine oil into it.. I've done a quick search but haven't returned anything definitive. I know its 10w40, but anyone recommend which brand and why? It'll be first...
  11. O

Torque Damper Rattling

Hey guys, I bought one of the torque dampers off Tegiwa Imports and after fitting it, it seems to rattle quite a bit, anyone give me some hints or tips as to how to stop the rattling or have I installed it wrong?
  12. O

Some advice and tips please

Right, So I've signed up for a trackday with another forum on the 13th of February. It'll be my first one, so I just want to make sure that my car is ready for it and just need some advice. Right, tires, I've had the car around 4 months now and the front tires are as new, its a weekend car so...
  13. O

Panel Filter?

Any one any experiences with them? Possibly this one: http://cgi.ebay.ie/BLITZ-LM-PANEL-FILTE ... 518cd894ed Thinking about getting one, but some people have told me to go for an induction kit. not sure what to do, i'm happy with it standard at the moment, and to be honest, would rather not...
  14. O

Show me your....

phone holders! I've an iphone, they don't fit well into those universal holders and I need something suitable for the teg, dont want the ones that have the sunction cups for the window and dont want to be drilling any holes for the cradle, anyone have any decent phone holders or what do you...
  15. O

Gearboxes

Well, reading through the forum, I've found a lot of threads involving gearbox troubles and problems, especially with difficulties engaging different gears and also crunching when selecting gears etc etc. I don't have any of these problems with mine (touch wood) all gears don't grind or crunch...
  16. O

Higher HID Bulb Rating

I had a set of 10k HID's in my last car, ok, they weren't the brightest, but they looked really good (tainted blue as opposed to ice white) is it possible to get the DC5 HID bulbs in a higher rating? i.e 8k or 10k or 12k? if so where and how much?
  17. O

ECU Relearning

Right, I just picked up my car yesterday (in the garage overnight as it had no alarm so should be getting installed as we speak! yay) any way, while I was lurking on here for a while, I saw a few posts about resetting the ECU etc etc. Would you guys recommend that I do this? I have a mechanic...
  18. O

Common Faults and Problems

No no, relax, I'm not here to ask what they are, but more kind of trying to contribute something myself. I'm a noob, have been on this forum for the best part of a month or two lurking around and one thing I've seen is that a lot of new people will come on here and ask this very question. The...
  19. O

Went to view a DC5 today. Need help

Hey guys, went to view a 01 DC5 today in a dealer here in Dublin. Car is in great condition but there was a slight problem that has put a bit of worry in me in relation to buying it. When I got the key off the dealer to start it, it wouldn't start (flat battery) no big deal, we put the...
  20. O

Irish VRT Rates for DC5

Hi guys, looking at getting a DC5 from England or Japan. Preferably a 04 - 05 one, how much should i be looking at paying for VRT, i've been trying to use revenue.ie to work it out, but it keeps saying it cant find the car. what do you guys think?