Search results

1. Dazmartin

Advice Need - Car "Coughing"

Hi all, my car has been SORN of road for nearly 1 year, I have it back on the road now with new clutch, tyres, disks, pads and new pre-cat sensor. However, the engine management light comes on every now and then and at low speed when cold the car appears to splutter "cough" ever so slightly...
  2. Dazmartin

SORN and insurance

Hi guys I'm sure a number of people here only use thier DC5's in the summer. My question, how do you go about SORN, TAX and Insurance if the car is not going to be used ? Basically I have been offered a free car off a family member, I would love to garage the DC5 up for a while and give her...
  3. Dazmartin

Rear Pads

Hello Need to replace my rear pads, I have been informed they are the same as the civic EP3. I have been on europarts web site and I am being offered fitments of Nisshinbo or Akebono ! ? No idea what these are, any help would be greatly appreciated :xredface: Ta
  4. Dazmartin

M.O.T Failure - Parts needed

Just picked the teg up from it's MOT and it's failed. The EML light has been on for 3 years and I know it's the Pre-Cat sensor, it has passed previous MOT's with this however the emissions are now to high. Anyone know a good place to get a pre-cat sensor (anyone got a working pre-owned ?) and...
  5. Dazmartin

Wharfdale WVC2601 Help please

Guys I got the above head unit cheap second hand ( I think its an old model ) anyway, its the 7" flip out screen dvd player. I have just fitted it and it sounds fine and the screen ejects however it touches the heater controlls and retracts straight away. 1st question... Other than pulling the...