Search results

1. B

Iron X

Hey, Iron X - Anyone used it before? Just received my bottle of Iron X today. For those who don't know what it is; it apparently dissolves all ferrous contaminants on paint and alloy surfaces, even the ones you can't see. So I will be giving this a go hopefully this weekend on the alloys, will...
  2. B

Wind Deflectors

I know someone recently posted about PlastRx on the wind deflectors. Whilst following PORTHOS' instructions on using ultimate compound on the paint, I tried some on the wind deflectors (Applied by hand - very easily) and they came up like this: Before After Thought it was a great...
  3. B

TPS resistances + TC specs

Right........ I previously had a problem with poor idle and the car jerking when decelerating. The following have been done with the outcomes described. IACV changed and TB cleaned - Now has fine idle and no jerking. Although, when pressing the accelerator or holding it just below the top it...
  4. B

Link: Detailling World

Not sure if I should have set up a new topic for this one, but anyway: www.detailingworld.co.uk - Great resource for detailing info. Also do a search for posts initiated by Dave KG - He has provided lots of usefull reviews and guides for various jobs.
  5. B

Removing fine scratches on windscreen

Noticed when driving home the other day when the sun was low that there were loads of hairline scratches on my windscreen. At the moment I use AG fast glass and occasionally AG glass polish with a microfibre. Is there a trick to get rid of these annoying scratches as they are really off...
  6. B

Insurance renewal time

My insurance is due for renewal soon, so I have been shopping around to see what I can get it for. I am 24, (25 in 5 months) with 1 year of DC5 ownership and 1 year NCB (although I haven't made a claim as named driver since I was 17): Elephant = £885 (Although this is a new quote, not a...
  7. B

Damn TB and IACV

Been having trouble with revs bouncing when cold and sitting high occasionally. Had the car down TGM last week for major service (Thanks Tom top job!), whilst down there had a new front engine mount which appeared to help as the revs bouncing was causing the car to occasionally kangeroo when...
  8. B

Converting original km to miles

Bought my car from Torque GT last year and the speedo and trip computer (I believe) were converted to miles from then on. However the original registered km (61k) (37mi) was kept as km. So to work out actual milage I do [reading now - original (km)] + 37k miles. However after talking to a...
  9. B

Touch up paint

Hey, I bought some touch up paint about 2 months ago from Halfords (mixed especially) and its no-where near a match in my opinion. The touch up is more of a brilliant white compared to the CW on the Teg. So question is: Does anyone know where I can get some touch up paint that matches the...
  10. B

Dip Beam Problem!

On top of other problems I seem to be having with the Teg at the moment, the LH dip beam bulb is lighting up but is not bright like the RH & glowing blue. I am about to go outside to switch the bulbs over to check if its the bulb rather than ballast (fingers crossed). Most searches on here state...
  11. B

Lateral G Force

Random one I know, but does anyone know what the maximum lateral g force the DC5 can corner at? No reason for asking was just wondering. Also what is the max anyone has had out of a DC5 (assuming you can get something to measure it).
  12. B

accelerator problem

Another question: I have noticed that when I lift off the accelerator to the point just above top and then move it the rest, the engine seems to judder & the same again when I put my foot back down. If I lift extremely gently I can avoid it or If I have it in a higher gear with lower revs. Not...
  13. B

Engine mounts

Probably a stupid question: Since I bought my car, the engine makes a grinding/vibration noise under engine breaking and first I was going to check the engine mounts, as I hear this can be caused by split engine mounts. I have located the top two but not yet had a look at the bottom two. Here is...
  14. B

Loose Hose

Going to try and explain this one and hope people understand what I am getting at. Whilst changing the oil & filter today, I noticed a rubber hose from the front grill to the air box was loose and not attached. It is the one below the hose from the radiator, on the right hand side (Looks like...
  15. B

CEL inconsistently illuminated, error code P1166/67

I recently drove to my girlfriends from Leicester to Cardiff and left the car over night. The following morning I was driving to Bristol and the CEL light came on. I immediately diverted to the nearest Honda Garage to have it diagnosed, but just before I got there the light went out and the...
  16. B

2 Pack paint or cellulose?

I have had my Integra for about 2 months now and am currently sorting out a few minor niggles with the cars appearance. The skirts on the Teg currently have small scuffs by the previous owner and stone chipping. I am going to get the skirts and lips re-painted but not sure which way to go; do I...
  17. B

Info required - New floor mats, New drivers seat base cover.

Hey! Just picked up my new DC5 from Torque GT last Thursday and am spending this weekend sorting out a few minor issues. In order to bring it up to scratch, I need to get hold of a new set of red floor mats & a new seat base cover to re-cover the existing seat foam for the drivers seat (as there...
  18. B

New to forum

Hi people! Just joined and thought I better introduce myself to everyone. I'm Mike and I have purchased a Honda Integra DC5 C/W from Torque GT (Devon). Waiting to get the new ride soon as it was fresh import and still going through registration. Hopefully pick up soon, Cant wait! Anyways; Hi to...