Search results

1. R

Possible seized engine... options??

Useful. [emoji53] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. R

Unsure how an R8 clutch it fitted so can't be 100% but thinking how it's mounted and access leads me to think it's prob an engine out job anyway to sort a clutch? Check the linkage first, I mean the guy who crashed it was obviously driving it at the time to roll it (unless he is fully green and...
  3. R

Let us know how you got on..? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

Pretty much mate yeah. If you can't crank it, it's fubarred really. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

Just whip the plugs out and crank it then? Any nasty noises and immediately stop. If any damage is caused, its already happened anyway. At least you remove spark and compression this way. Plus if any fluids in there it will rid them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. R

Dont empty it of oil. No need. Just take out the plugs and turn by hand. If you can get a full cycle out of the crank pulley (or ideally a few) you are ok and everything "should" be in tact. Then (still with plugs out) use the starter to empty what's in the cylinders by cranking the key a few...
  7. R

I've moved on :O, DC5 to E46 m3

Same mate. I'm not hugely into the interior - but it matches so it will do :) Yeah it's LSB with blue nappa leather. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. R

Just bought one myself. Awesome cars. A DC5 is pretty easy to drive fast in comparison, trying to master an M3 is a whole different ball game. They are a beast in a straight line though, a definite step up from the 5. However you get driver involvement with a DC5 at any speed you always feel...
  10. R

DC5 and Astra GSI Caught Racing Against Police

Gutted. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. R

Knock sensor

That's where I got mine from. Won't do your engine any harm in the meantime if you get it sorted as soon as feasible. Inlet has to come off to fit it. You have to remove the inlet studs fully to get it off! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. R

No oil usage!!

Ive had 5 Hondas now. Most of them drink oil to be fair but my last S2000 used literally nothing and had 152k on the clock!? Highest mileage one ive ever had and used not a drop. So do people think the reason a honda uses no oil is because it's been treated well in its early days/years? What...
  13. R

Uniroyal tyres

Quality tyres. I use them and really happy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. R

Tyres - Eagle F1's OR UniRoyalRainSport3's??

Got 225 rainsport 3's on my DC5, car is used for daily road driving and they are brilliant. Can't fault them at all. Can just about get them to spin into second with a fast change even in greasy conditions. Quality rubber for the price. Downside is hard cornering gives more than other tyres due...
  15. R

'Budget' tyre choice?

Had them on a couple of months now and can report the rain sports are lovely. Not the grippiest in the dry but definitely confidence inspiring in the wet! Weather is perfect at the mo for testing them too! They shift standing water fast and are nice and progressive on the limit. Recommended...
  16. R

Whats Causing this - Or is it normal

I cleaned mine with petrol. It evaporates after use and gets rid if all the crap. Then a tiny squirt of WD and you are away. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R

Show off your interiors.

Changes what gear your k20 is in when you push it around. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. R

anyone running wider wheels? what tyres?

I run 225/45/17 on a 9" rim ET50 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. R

'Budget' tyre choice?

Im the same, ive bought 98 spec DC2 (had 4 DIFFERENT tyres on it - a range of budgets lol), my S2000 was the same 4 different budgets! :xhuh: Changed them over to decent ones and the cars were just night and day. The 98 spec went vfrom budgets to AD08's and my word. It was my first 'proper'...
  20. R

'Budget' tyre choice?

Im fairly used to all this :xvtec: stuff now matey, this is my 5th type R and ive pretty much been through the range of them! i wasnt talking about buying Wanli's, Triangle's or Stunners or anything! I just wanted to know if you could actually get a tyre that suits the DC5's character without...