Search results

1. k20-outlaw

I've moved on :O, DC5 to E46 m3

Well as the title suggest my days with the screaming vtec/honda are over for now, What a great time it's been I have to say, Not one mechanical issue over the 18,000km I covered hitting 8800rpm daily The dc5 did everything It could for me, from 2 drag days, to mountain pass drives, just days...
  2. k20-outlaw

A question for Greenlight, unique circumstances

This will take a bit of time explaining so bare with me I have recently moved to Northern Ireland from the republic of Ireland I have a Full republic of Ireland(eu) driving Licence for 4 years I have 4 years named driving experience on a commercial insurance policy I have 1 years no claims...
  3. k20-outlaw

Will this work? headlight lense replacement

So I was thinking, rather than pay around 400 quid to replace my worn out nasty looking yellow headlights with new genuine headlights, Could I purchase these cheap copy's, made for the RSX Acura, and swap the plastic lenses from the new ones to my original JDM Honda headlights. Anyone tried this?
  4. k20-outlaw

cracked sump? worry or not

So I was under my car the other day and I noticed a little weep of oil dripping from the sump nut, upon closer inspection I noticed that the sump nut washer is horrendously flattened and over torqued, then I wiped the oil off to my horror I see these little cracks forming from the sump nut hole...
  5. k20-outlaw

Couple of maintenance questions @ 100k miles

So my dc5 has just surpassed 100k miles, I want to carry out some necessary maintenance jobs, I have a few questions, Exactly what should be done and checked at 100k miles? Are there any special requirements or steps that should be carried out when setting the valve clearances? are there any...
  6. k20-outlaw

Super unleaded 99 ron unavailable

I live in Ireland, and for the past year or so there are NO petrol stations with in a hundred miles that supply super unleaded( 99 ron) petrol , All petrol in Ireland is at least 95 ron, with the exception of Apple green petrol which uses a higher bioethynol content and is generally a lower...
  7. k20-outlaw

Installed new clutch, problems disengauging

Hi lads, had a go at putting in a new oem exidy clutch in my dc5 yesterday, got everything back together perfectly and thought yippee I'm a genius, started her up and found that the clutch is no fully dis-engaging, probably only 90%, so it is very hard to select any gear, when the engine is...
  8. k20-outlaw

Has anyone tried this? too good to be true?

This seems like a very good deal if the quality is decent, has anyone tried one of these manifolds...
  9. k20-outlaw

Has anyone found a way to repair blue Recaro's

Capital seating do red and black recaro bolster replacement material, however they can not supply the blue replacement bolster material as Honda own the right to it or something. Has anyone found a similar material in blue that I could take to a tailor/fabricator who could cut the new material...