Search results

1. richards5445

DC5 to Evo??

I have just bought an evo 9 and currently try to sell the teg I have owned it three weeks now and have spent over 2k on it Bought it with a slipping clutch as its been modded to 420 hp so that cost me £775 in parts Done all the fluids at the same time, engine, gearbox and both diffs and...
  2. richards5445

Dyno Charts!!

pretty decent figures for those mods at the wheels, what ecu you running?
  3. richards5445

Major loss of power when vtec engages

Yeah, I'm going to wait until the exhaust turns up and take it to tdi north and see what they can do as apparently there pretty hot on the k pro What's it like to drive with the vtec as low as that ?
  4. richards5445

Swop for Evo 7 ???? Would you ??

What sort of mileage are on both cars? You need to make sure the ayc diff on the evo is working fine as these can be expensive to repair and are known for going if they're not kept serviced I would value a tidy, standard evo 7 at about 6k
  5. richards5445

Lost rays wheel nut key

Yeah i thought it would be something like that Iv got a tool to remove them but didnt really want to ruin the nut in the process but if i cant find a key then it will have to be the case :xaiweb4:
  6. richards5445

Lost rays wheel nut key

Having recently purchased the car, I went to take my wheel off earlier to find that one of the nuts is a seven sided one and requires a special key to remove I have contacted the previous owner who said he thought it was in the car but it's not Does anyone know where I can find a replacement...
  7. richards5445

mugen system

I think you get some gains over standard system, but it is restrictive compared to others I believe, but is a lot quieter
  8. richards5445

Yeah im hoping its an issue with the map Is there much difference between the rbc and rrc? I think i over exagerated it a little bit, think it is just a flat spot, but you can feel the car pull back quite a bit, i took some videos but cant really notice it in the video Are you running a3 cams?
  9. richards5445

It makes power, just loses it from 5500 rpm to 6000 rpm, and is fine after 6000 all the way until the limiter He didnt mention who mapped it no, i dont think he done the work to it, it was the owner before him Yeah it is possible he was selling it because he couldnt get to the bottom of it...
  10. richards5445

Its not my daily drive at the minute, just use it on weekend, but ill stop using it until i can get it booked in somwhere to have a look at it emi light comes on with the ignition and goes off once the car has started temp gauge gets to about 2/5 ( not quite half) within a couple of minutes of...
  11. richards5445

just had a look and there nothing like that plugged in, just the diagnostic port there
  12. richards5445

I done some searching about losing power when vtec is about to kick in and a few others had the same problem, my cousin had a dc5 and he said his done it. I took him out in mine and he said his was nowhere near as bad as what mine is but his was running a mugen ecu rather then k pro I have only...
  13. richards5445

So as the title says, my car seriously loses power just as vtec comes in, roughly 5500-6000 rpm. Its that bad that when your in 5th and 6th gear it wont accelerate through it and you have to drop it a gear. I have read that it can be common to lose abit of power but not as much as i am. Heres...
  14. richards5445

17 year old dc5 insurance?

I doubt you would get insurance at 17, or if you did it would be something stupid like 5k 1500 sounds like a bargain though, cheapeast i found when i was looking was between 5-6k
  15. richards5445

DC5 Header

Not got any personal experience but it's the same as anything, you pay for what you get. It maybe worth trying to save abit more and go for a dc sport one which quite a few on here have (me included) therefore your not being a guinae pig
  16. richards5445

Mugen Twinloop too quiet

yeah so i would need a 4-2 manifold for the 70rr, my dc sports is a 4-2-1 think its going to be a toss up between the buddy club spec 3 or a skunk2 megapower 76mm unless i can find someone who is selling a second hand 70rr
  17. richards5445

Mugen Twinloop too quiet

heard they where pretty quiet aswel anybody using the skunk2 megapower?