Search results

1. M

One of the most expensive dc5 I've spotted

For someone with cash to burn, this could be investment gold. 15 years back i got offered a mint, low mileage lancia Delta Integrale Evo for about £6k. But didn't think it was worth it, because they have weak gearboxes.
  2. M

Acceleration in vtec ?

If you want a good but simple explanation on How VTEC works, then watch the show where they did up the Orange S2000. Something like wheeler dealers it was called. That had a knackered VTEC solenoid (Blocked gauze filter) so they explained what it did.
  3. M

2 cars- 1 Policy.

Cheers Neil, that doesn't sound too bad to be honest. As my wife'll ave a car as well that i can drive, so spreading the mileage between the 2 family cars and keeping the Teg garaged would be ideal. Integraleo, strange choice of car, but exactly what i've been looking at. Cheap to repair, yet...
  4. M

2 cars- 1 Policy.

Bringing my DC5 back to the Uk with me next year, but will also be getting a car for daily runner. any recomendations on Insurers that do this? Limited mileage (4000 miles max) per year on the DC5. Cheers.
  5. M

Tein or Tein

Thanks for the responses. Choices are very limited in Cyprus, but as I'm coming back to the uk in May next year, I may just wait. I quite like how she handles now, very controllable even when the tyres have pretty much reached their limit. Another option was new standard shocks with spoon...
  6. M

Tein or Tein

After a little advice from those that my have used these coilovers in the past. I'm about to upgrade from oem to Tein coilovers. the choice is between the Tein Street advance and Tein Street Flex. The car is going to be used mostly for fun and the occasional track day. Also, I have been...
  7. M

Hello.

Previous DC2.
  8. M

Hello.

Been on here a couple of months now. Bought myself a 2004 DC5. Previously owned a modified DC2. Initial impressions are good, although mine has been neglected, so plenty of work to be done. It's also seems pretty slow now, but that's more than likely because i'm used to it now. Got a list...
  9. M

Cusco front and rear strut brace

Fitted these recently. rear was a pig to fit as all the plastics had to come out, but I think it looks almost factory fitted now. Didn't have to cut any of the plastics either, which means it can go back to standard if i decide to sell. Front brace has eliminated a lot of the knocking i was...
  10. M

Annoying Whine.

Sounds more like straight cut gears in an old A series mini. Goes away completely over certain revs. No noise when stationary. Only when driving.
  11. M

Annoying Whine.

Looking at a new cc clutch kit, and it comes with input bearing anyway. Just hoping it's not the dif.
  12. M

Induction Kit (without having to modify scuttle panel)

Just fitted an AEM V2. Arse dyno says it works well. Sounds really good in VTEC and now get a little chirp from the tyres when accelerating hard and changing from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Would have loved a Mugen, but limited funds at the minute.
  13. M

Honda Tuner Issue 16 ‘BEST OF BRITISH’, OUT NOW! Also in USA!

Do you deliver to BFPO addresses, and how much for annual subscription please. Cheers. Matt
  14. M

New brakes.

Having had the car for a month now, it's time to start sorting the basics and replacing consumables. Engine oil and filter were done last week, as was the g/box oil, which has reduced the noise coming from the box at lower rpm's. Long term, i want to upgrade to TGM's F50 big brake...
  15. M

2014 EVO Max Performance Tyre Test

I'm over in Cyprus, and having only had my DC-5 a couple of weeks, it's time to change from the cheap Chinese shit that is currently fitted. The tyres available are Conti SC5 at €125 a corner or Bridgestone RE070 at €140 a corner. Which do you guys recommend? Thanks.
  16. M

DIY How to replace front Brembo brake pads and rotors in Honda DC5

What's the torque on the caliper bolts? Should they be replaced, or can they be re-used? Thanks. Matt.
  17. M

All Exhaust Noise Video's

Think the Mugen sounded the nicest, not too loud either.