Search results

1. tristanpalmer

Side mounts to OEM spec lowered seat rail

Can anyone tell me if the OEM seat rails that bolt to the floor are the correct bolt spacing for side mounts for fixed buckets? I'm currently running a HKS lowered rail, and wondering if I can get away with just a new seat and sidemounts and bolt to the rail, or if I'll need to go for something...
  2. tristanpalmer

What HKB Boss DC5?

Anyone able to enlighten me as to which HKB boss you need for a DC5, and if it comes with the resistors etc needed? Cheers, T
  3. tristanpalmer

Damaged IACV Gasket... Safe to use?

Hi Guys, Removing the IACV to fix the usual hunting issues, and managed to rip the rubber gasket in the process, as pictured. I ideally need to be back on the road ASAP, so possibly a ridiculous question but is this remotely safe to re-use? My concern is the potential for coolant to enter...
  4. tristanpalmer

Track Rod Ends - Which ones?

Hi Guys, Just prepping the car for an MOT and track rod ends need changing as rubber bushes are nearly shot. Where is the best place to get them from? Have seen Hardrace do a pair for £50, or Tegiwa do OEM for £50 each. Are there any other options/upgraded ones worth looking at? Such as...
  5. tristanpalmer

No cat and MOTs

What's the situation with running no CAT on a DC5 for MOT purposes? Need to get it booked in and currently running a DC manifold to Fujitusbo Power Getter, so no cat, and came with the manifold, so I don't have a standard one to put on. Seems somewhat of a grey area from what I have read...
  6. tristanpalmer

Syron street race - Opinions/experience?

Hi Guys, Need to replace my front two tyres as they currently have F1's fitted which are horrendous under hard acceleration, and cornering. Make the car feel unstable and transfer weight unpredictably... As I understand it, it's because the sidewalls are too soft. I was previously looking at...
  7. tristanpalmer

Clicking after service? (possibly valve clearances?)

Hey Guys, Last weekend I changed the oil and filter (Hamp Short filter + Milners Nandodrive 5w40), some fresh 2500s, and also changed the gearbox oil to Motul 300LS as it's got a spoon plated diff. I've driven the car all week, and it's been completely fine... Did a long run of around 250...
  8. tristanpalmer

Spoon LSD (Plated) – What gearbox oil?

Hey Guys, Recently picked up a DC5 and was told it has a Spoon LSD fitted. Certainly seems like a 1.5 way plated diff of some description judging by the clunking/aggressive nature of it. Only mention not being sure on brand, as unsure if this effects the outcome of below? I need to change the...
  9. tristanpalmer

Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

EDIT: See page 2 for group buy option! Hi Guys, Have done a search on here, and on other forums, but info seems pretty limited. I'm after a seat rail to lower the drivers side OEM recaro: The more drop the better ideally (I'm 6'7 so visibility isn't really an issue :xgrin: ). The issue is...
  10. tristanpalmer

DC5 newbie from Worcestershire

Hey Guys, Hoping to purchase a DC5 within the next week... Am hoping to look at a few forum members cars/ex forum members cars that I know some history of, but there's a few others I have my eye on. Does anyone happen to know the history of this car? Did a quick search for the plate with no...