Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
EDIT: See page 2 for group buy option!

Hi Guys,

Have done a search on here, and on other forums, but info seems pretty limited.
I'm after a seat rail to lower the drivers side OEM recaro: The more drop the better ideally (I'm 6'7 so visibility isn't really an issue :xgrin: ).

The issue is finding any for sale – Happy to buy new, but none of the importers etc I've spoken with seem certain of which rails will fit standard recaros.
If anyone can point me in the direction of who to speak to to get some ordered, that would be perfect!

Have found these so far, but no idea if either will fit:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-low-position-seat-slider-accord-cl7-civic-ep3-integra-dc5.html
http://www.nengun.com/bride/rail-ro-type

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Could try asking Burn motorsport on here about the Spoon fitments, and possibility getting your hands on one as they're a UK spoon dealer.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Could try asking Burn motorsport on here about the Spoon fitments, and possibility getting your hands on one as they're a UK spoon dealer.
Thanks!
Will give them a shout – Did speak with RE briefly, but they weren't too sure on fitment etc.

Rom

Advanced Member
I'll have a look, but my sd card failed in my phone and lost any pictures I hadn't out online.
Is Bride Super Seat not the model of it?

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I'll have a look, but my sd card failed in my phone and lost any pictures I hadn't out online.
Is Bride Super Seat not the model of it?
Thanks!

Any idea how much of a drop it gives you?

The super seat is the model, but there's still models within that range... RB, RO, FG etc...
From what I can see I need either the RO or RB version...
From the page footer text on the bride site:

"※2)
For the people who uses the SR series and L series (besides the electric type) of RECARO seat / RO type Toyota (Supra, Celica) Nissan (Fairlady Z31 and Z32), Honda (Civic EK9, Integra DC2, 5), Mitsubishi (Lancer EVO1, 2, 3), Isuzu (Bighorn, Gemini, Piazza, Aska)"

http://bride-jp.net/products/super-seat-rail/body/

Rom

Advanced Member

I bought them in here. I'll have a look after work for sales thread probably had pics

integraleo

Advanced Member
Being 6'7 I can see the need and why you want them but me being a midget 6 foot I hated mine on first teg I bought with lowered rails. Couldn't wait to swap them out.

Rom

Advanced Member
According to sale thread they are RO type.

That price delivered/imported? As that's very cheap, less than what used ones go for.

Rom

Advanced Member
Oh and I'm only about 6ft and I love them.
I don't like being sat so high up in cars. I didn't like the standard position much at all.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm 6ft 1 and I feel really tall in the Teg. I'd love some lowered rails as I feel the seating position to be very high up in the DC5. I had DC2 seats in my CRX and they were so low in what was already a low car. Loved the feeling, you feel more attached to the car.

Chewy

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Around £85/90 per side from Nengun...

If it's the right one! Awaiting pics/possible info from Rom first before I order!
Just a heads up, Nengun website prices don't included delivery costs until checkout (as with all nowadays) and It excludes tax, import duty etc.

I've looked into these before as I want some, last time it worked out (cheapest way from Nengun) was about £130 for rails + delivery and then you have tax and duties onto of that price.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Just a heads up, Nengun website prices don't included delivery costs until checkout (as with all nowadays) and It excludes tax, import duty etc.

I've looked into these before as I want some, last time it worked out (cheapest way from Nengun) was about £130 for rails + delivery and then you have tax and duties onto of that price.
Thanks.

Still trying to work out their delivery charge...
But if it's around £30, then the total cost is around £130/140 to your door including the 20% VAT and 10% duty.

Chewy

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Thanks.

Still trying to work out their delivery charge...
But if it's around £30, then the total cost is around £130/140 to your door including the 20% VAT and 10% duty.
Product value: £90.00

Shipping costs: £45.00 ( Including insurance costs )

Total customs value (CIF): £135.00 This is the amount that customs values your import at
- Duty: £0.00 (No duty is paid on items with the total cost of purchase and shipping combined £135 and under)
- VAT: £27.00
Total import duty & taxes due: £27.00 This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
Total landed cost: £162.00 This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes

Chewy

Advanced Member
Basically, the rule of thumb I use Is If you're importing anything, just add 30% onto the total price of item + shipping combined and that's roughly how much It will be all In to your door.