Search results

1. 420jamesowen

Could you get black Recaro's, in a blue DC5, that had blue stitching?

ive got blacks with red stitching that are a little worn. Id swap for a good set with cash your way
  2. 420jamesowen

TPS values OK but still kangarooing

I've heard many people say don't get a bigger TB. Not much point performance gains wise etc. I actually had a skunk2 70mm TB on the car when i brought it and its a load of junk. The butterfly wouldnt close properly and then previous owner used a standard size thermo gasket instead of a 70mm one...
  3. 420jamesowen

Interesting to know this. My kangaroo issues seem to be more around the 3k area not the inital start or high end. I have contacted Tegiwa and will be sending my KTuned Billet Hall Effect TPS back for exchange.
  4. 420jamesowen

any progress bud?
  5. 420jamesowen

I was having the same issue. Things I did that sold the issue: Check tension on the throttle cable, make sure it isnt too tight and does let the TB close fullly. Check your TB is closing fully - I had a skunk2 TB and it wasnt snapping all the way shut letting too muc air through I was able to...
  6. 420jamesowen

Remap - Mapping - Maps

I contacted Romain directly who freelances at a lot of places including eurospec. Car runs great now with my newly installed Kpro and efficiency seems to have gone up by around 20% after removing the UniChip piggy back ecu and having the engine mods mapped correctly.
  7. 420jamesowen

If you had £1k to spend on mods..

Gave them a call but they dont supply or fit the Kpro's. :/ Think it was £370+vat for a map.
  8. 420jamesowen

If you had £1k to spend on mods..

Thanks Chris for sending me this way! When I first got my Teg I was told Romain was the man to see, I have also been told TDi north do have very customer friendly bhp figures. This is the second story I have seen about Romain now though. Again I havent used him so no hate, but someome told me...
  9. 420jamesowen

HELP!: OEM TPS to Ktuned Hall Effect, Kangaroo, VTEC, lumpy...

Wicked thanks bro maybe I'll join the 250bhp club. Tbh I'm just really wanting better mpg I get 250 miles average a tank.
  10. 420jamesowen

Hey Bud, First line was describing it plugged into the loom but not connected to the TB just to check CT and WOT values on the TPS before it was fitted to the TB to see variables. (Basically checking it wasnt faulty and had the full range available). At 3.7v the TB is fully open, but the OEM...
  11. 420jamesowen

So I've got an update. Fully cleaned out the IACV and adjusted my throttle cable. With the OEM TPS my CT and WOT are correct. Now with the Ktuned plugged into the loom but NOT fitted to the TB I get 0.57CT and 4.5v WOT. Now when I plug the Ktuned in my CT is still at 0.57 but my WOT only goes...
  12. 420jamesowen

My grub screw isnt actually doing anything atm, I reduced it down and now the throttle lever doesnt meet it at all but still makes contact with the body on WOT. In theory to chase the correct voltages I need to adjust the throttle lever closer to the screw. Is this possible? I noticed the nut on...
  13. 420jamesowen

Can you adjust throttle levers at all? I know the TB has a grub screw to move it forward in one direction but I need to move it the opposite direction as in closer to the grub screw when the TB is in CT
  14. 420jamesowen

Yeah think I understand what you mean I'll try moving the TPS to the other end position it can sit in but Im sure that raised the CT to 0.9v which is why i positioned it as far over the other direction as I could which gave me the 0.59.
  15. 420jamesowen

Yeah these are the figures I know I need to work to. Hmm I will try the throttle cable and IACV before I start pointing fingers at a faulty brand new TPS but I am baring it in mind.
  16. 420jamesowen

You can't buy the OEM sensor on its own new and since this was a fault I wanted to get it new and working to prevent any variables. Invested in the £140 sensor as it seems to be the most sturdy one since OEM's are known to fail often with the K20 block. Got the Skunk2 70mm TB. Fitted by...
  17. 420jamesowen

Hi Guys, So when i had a intermittent fault where the EML would come up and my TPS voltage was low. When the EML was on, the car would idle high, and VTEC wouldn't kick in; it would just run like poop. You could clear the fault code and the throttle would become very unresponsive and the car...
  18. 420jamesowen

K Tuned TPS, Hall Effect Version

You don't need K-Pro for this to work do you?
  19. 420jamesowen

Whine sound under high revs.. HELP!

Hi Guys, Hopefully someone can help I'll do my best to describe this. Car is currently at 242bhp with most bolt on parts (AEM v2 induction, skunk 70mm TB, Skunk intake mani, Tegiwa exhaust mani, Skunk 2 megapower r exhaust). So under VTEC when changing gears I noticed an almost boost / "pssst"...
  20. 420jamesowen

10 Things You Didn't Know About a DC5

nice thread