Search results

1. Grano

Front camber issues

If you still have the alignment report check for variance in the S.A.I between both sides. That will tell you if something is bent. Most alignments I do for the local panelbeater that have smacked a kerb have a bent spindle, or sometimes (rarely) a bowed shock.
  2. Grano

Engine Check Light

You say Vtec is 4000rpm...do you have K-pro?
  3. Grano

Fan heater not blowing hot air

I had the same problem, for me it was the cable controlling the valve on the water pipe had come loose.
  4. Grano

Rdx 410cc Injectors worth buying ?

I did, my w.o.t duty cycle when tuned was approx. 93-96% on stock injectors. Upgrading to 410's took it down to a much safer 70%. Was cheap enough, and a nice easy d.i.y too.
  5. Grano

Which exhaust setup

I had the Skunk2 3" mated with a Skunk2 Alpha header for five years. Header fitted perfectly out of the box, had to adjust the hangers to get the exhaust to fit. Loved the sound but just too much midrange drone for me, maybe I'm just showing my age. Swapped it for an Invidia Q300, but after five...
  6. Grano

Check your NGK spark plugs!!!

That is disturbing. How many miles had they done?
  7. Grano

Bad fuel economy

If you get Kpro you can disable and ditch the secondary o2 sensor anyway. My tuner says its rare but sometimes the primary wideband can be faulty without an eml. If it's done a fair mileage it wouldn't hurt to replace it anyway, they don't last forever.
  8. Grano

Exhaust advice

Full system with 3" for best power, but like said, it does drone. Where abouts in the rev range depends on the brand. Plus, you will need tuning if you do headers and a big exhaust.
  9. Grano

Developed high pitched Whistle noise

Alternator ok? Mine did that for about a month before the charge light came on. If one diode goes it whines in relation to rpm. Sounds a bit like a badly earthed head unit does.
  10. Grano

Bad fuel economy

Are you sure one or both of the o2 sensors weren't damaged? It should be throwing a light with that setup. And I would have thought it would run lean, not rich. Either way, you really need a remap asap.
  11. Grano

High Cold Idle

If it hasn't been off before you will have to scrape the oem gasket off, takes a bit of time but not difficult. I would get the thermal gasket, just because its re-usable and the IACV does need cleaning over time.
  12. Grano

High Cold Idle

Had the same thing, was a faulty idle air assist valve. Ended up just buying a delete kit. Otherwise, my guess would be a vacuum leak or dirty throttle body/control valve?
  13. Grano

Tegiwa Carbon Airbox on Facelift 2005 DC5 & options?

I have the exact setup you are looking at :xgrin: Tegiwa Intake: Had for 4 years. Quieter than the AEM V2 I had before. Built to a price, as in the weave is super thin, but still looks new. How noisy depends on how you modify your scuttle, and the silicone intake pipe quietens it down a bit...
  14. Grano

2005 Facelift with Skunk2 Megapower R 70mm & Skunk2 Alpha Manifold

Glad you like it...I have had the same exhaust for four years, and the alpha header for two. I don't understand a lot of the hate Skunk2 get, I think it sounds incredible, and I've had more than a few people wanting the same sound ;) And it still looks like new...but, she is loud. I love it, but...
  15. Grano

How much does exhaust diameter matter

Yeah I do, it has a nice deep growl to it when floored, but near silent at 100kph cruise. Bit of a drone between 4000-4300rpm but I think I'm just deaf now, I don't really hear it. You probably won't like it straight away, Skunk2 exhausts/headers have a 'needles in a tin can' sound for the first...
  16. Grano

How much does exhaust diameter matter

I have the 70mm megapower on mine, with the alpha header. If you are lowered you will scrape, trust me. And be prepared to bend the rear hangers, you only have a few mm clearance between the rear sway and the frame. If you don't take the time to get it exactly right the rattle will do your head...
  17. Grano

Where does everyone stand with decats?

So, if you guys are running without a cat, do you have to refit it for a MOT? Here in New Zealand, we don't have emissions testing at all. As long as there is not excessive smoke from the exhaust, you are good to go :xlol:
  18. Grano

Bogging down when trying to pull away quickly

Well you have eliminated most other things, but I doubt it would be the cable. But who knows? To me it seems like TPS or MAP sensor, or like has been said, a vacuum leak somewhere. Have you re-uploaded your .kal to eliminate a corrupt map?
  19. Grano

Bogging down when trying to pull away quickly

Hard to tell from the vid, but it looks to me like your TPS is sticking. I would do a datalog in Kpro, calibrate it first, the with ignition on but engine off go from off to full throttle and especially about 1/5th way down, check the TPS % is moving correctly with your foot position. Maybe it...