Search results

1. C

Reflash - No Kpro?

So.... what is the reflash product in the link? It doesn't say anything about needing Kpro... Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  2. C

Reflash - No Kpro?

https://www.hondata.com/reflash-rsx-base-at Very quick question, is it possible to perform a reflash without Kpro? Because I have a base model integra I'm finding it much easier to get info on the American forums in regard to the Acura RSX and there's quite a bit of talk of just reflashing...
  3. C

ESMM Front only?

No love for the auto Type S...
  4. C

ESMM Front only?

Hi all, So, I was looking into getting the Energy mount inserts for my (don't laugh) Auto Type S but was told by a helpful chap at Area Motorsport that the rear mount inserts wouldn't fit the Type S. So, my question is... and bear in mind it's a very cheap upgrade so the benefit doesn't need...
  5. C

Exhaust advice

That's correct, I don't really have the money to turn it into a track beast so for now I'm simply looking at improving the sound. It would've been nice to squeeze a little more power out of it knowing I was having an exhaust made, that's why I enquired whether it was worth going for the full...
  6. C

Exhaust advice

Just as a side note, is this the sort of modification which would require a retune? I know I'm asking really elementary questions but I'm starting from scratch with my knowledge of modifications... Edit: I think I've just answered my own question when reading about the RBC manifold on the...
  7. C

Exhaust advice

Thanks again for the help gents. I won't be going with an off the shelf option as I know a really well regarded fabricator (STG Performance in Wakefield) who builds excellent custom setups. Essentially what I'm trying to achieve is a nice sporty sound when at high revs. The current exhaust...
  8. C

Exhaust advice

Thanks gents, I'm definitely leaning away from 3" as it sounds unnecessary for what I'm doing with the car... in fact, the exhaust may be the only thing I do in the end. I'm now a little worried about getting a system at all because if it requires tuning I don't really have the money for it...
  9. C

Exhaust advice

Excellent, thanks for your advice gents. In regard to a cat-back or full system, is it worth the extra expense? Are high flow cats worth it?
  10. C

Exhaust advice

Hi all, Firstly, please bear with me as I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff... I would really appreciate your input into the exhaust I'm due to have custom made for my newly acquired Type S (stop laughing). I was advised by someone at TDI North to go for a 3" diameter...
  11. C

Stupid question... how do you drive a DC5?

Wow! thanks for the incredibly detailed and informative answers gents. I fully accept this car is a different animal to my previous vehicles so I don't feel too down about it, I just felt like I might not be driving it in a way to extract the performance. It's almost like I wanted someone to...
  12. C

Stupid question... how do you drive a DC5?

Sounds silly... and probably is. I've only ever owned turbo diesel cars and the power delivery is quite different in my NA DC5 which I've now been driving for a week. My last car was a MK1 Seat Leon FR with approx 190bhp and whilst I only have the Type S delivering 160bhp, I can't help but feel...
  13. C

DC5 Tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice gents, it sounds like being an Integra owner is gonna be a breeze... to be honest, most cars seem reliable after owning an Alfa GT! I'm based in Sheffield but I don't mind travelling a little further afield if necessary.
  14. C

DC5 Tomorrow!

Hi all, Tomorrow I'll be picking up my first ever DC5 which is a Type S... yes, I realise it's not the same as a Type R but it's perfect for what I need and I feel like a kid on Christmas eve! Does anyone have any pointers for a newbie like me? Advice on maintenance, where to get parts, best...
  15. C

Considering a DC5... but it's Type S!

The Accord wouldn't carry the dog unfortunately... and then there's the look of the Integra, it's far prettier in my opinion!
  16. C

Thanks for pointing this out gents and although it does look a absolute bargain, I'm already at the limit of my budget at 4k. Judging by the amount of times he's already reduced the price, it would be unfair to go in even lower. Besides, I have to keep one eye on the mpg, which in a full fat...
  17. C

Hi gents, thanks for all your comments and advice, I felt like I needed some affirmations before seriously considering this DC5 as an option. So, I haven't bought the car as I talked myself out of doing so after reading some of the pitfalls of owning a Japanese import, however I've now got over...
  18. C

Thanks for your thoughts and advice gents, it's much appreciated.
  19. C

Hmm... sounds like a Type S might be a better choice for what I need then... I'm assuming the 2.0 I-VTEC engine is still pretty nippy in the Type S even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Type R?
  20. C

Why is the Type S so much cheaper than the Type R?