2002 DC5 for sale in blue for £5k

Aidy

I love Type R's,especially the DC5 but for an 11/12 year old car they are holding out rightly,especially here in Ireland as everything is going for peanuts at the minute,decent DC5's are holding €7-8k

d2007ave

Advanced Member
My first dc5 back 10 years ago cost me over 16k, with it just being 2 years old and fresh import, yes these days they can be bought for the price of a 2nd hand fiesta-- strange.
But, they depreciate a lot slower than most cars, compare against a 25k BMW similar year...

A figure commonly used for depreciation is 17% a year, haven't done the sums but the integra must be lower than that! I'm guessing depreciation will slow down even more now, getting rarer now

FireDance

Advanced Member
I asked the bloke on FB about his car.

It is 5k with no wheels!!! He will put wheels on it for the sale but 2 dc2 wheels on the rears & 2 space savers on the front!!!

It has full service history and all the import paperwork. He either wants a cash sale or swap for a JDM DC2!!!!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
he was offered a clean one by a mate of mine and he told him no as it was too clean. was after on around £2k mark!!!!

THE X

I don't want to seem rude or start an argument but there are a lot of overpriced DC5 ITR's out there, the one's that are well priced appear to sell quickly.

For example I looked at the one for sale at trade cars direct in Nottingham recently, there is no way that car is worth the asking price, utter heap of poo! Granted this is not always the case, but comparing them to an icon like the DC2 is irrelevant as the DC5 does attract the same universal praise. That said I still want one though!

Grunty

Advanced Member
I have had mine on pistonheads for a day at £5350 and my phone and email literally hasn't stopped since. Loads of interest. Got to price well to sell.

Grunty

Advanced Member
Probably worth adding that I can't see anyone til Saturday. If I could see anyone before that would probably already be sold.

FireDance

Advanced Member
I called about one on Pistonheads a couple of hours after it went up for sale and it had already sold!!! The guy hasn't changed the advert saying its sold so I bet he is still getting loads of calls!

cameroon95

Advanced Member
5k for a high milage DC5-100K miles or over seems maybe fair.

But if the car is around 60-90 then the buyer is losing out.