2013 Insurance = Sky for me this year

blueguy

Resident J's whore
So it's been that time of the year again, and tbh it didn't start off too badly. For the first time in ages my renewal quote only came in a bit above what I had paid for last year = £795 (A Plan)

I'm 30 with 7 years NCB in a decent post code. But the reason why my insurance is a bit higher that what you'd expect, is because of the value of my car. For those that know my car you'll understand why.

Anyway, so my quotes came in like this:
  • A Plan (renewal letter): £795
  • Adrian Flux: £715
  • Green Light: £629.35
  • Keith Michaels: £577
  • A Plan: £635
  • Sky: £547
If I am being honest, the above companies are the only ones that I trust (except one if you can guess who). However this year, Mitchell from Sky was very keen to win me back and went out of his way to not only get me a fantastic quote, but also to phone me back when it was convenient to me (numerous times).

So for 2013, Sky went the extra mile, got me the best price and got my business - very happy.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
So it's been that time of the year again, and tbh it didn't start off too badly. For the first time in ages my renewal quote only came in a bit above what I had paid for last year = £795 (A Plan)

I'm 30 with 7 years NCB in a decent post code. But the reason why my insurance is a bit higher that what you'd expect, is because of the value of my car. For those that know my car you'll understand why.

Anyway, so my quotes came in like this:
  • A Plan (renewal letter): £795
  • Adrian Flux: £715
  • Green Light: £629.35
  • Keith Michaels: £577
  • A Plan: £635
  • Sky: £547
If I am being honest, the above companies are the only ones that I trust (except one if you can guess who). However this year, Mitchell from Sky was very keen to win me back and went out of his way to not only get me a fantastic quote, but also to phone me back when it was convenient to me (numerous times).

So for 2013, Sky went the extra mile, got me the best price and got my business - very happy.
HI.

That's quite a good quote. I've seen a couple of favourable comments about Mitchell. I've gone from Sky to Sainsburys for the coming twelve months. Next year however I'm gonna ask for Mitchell at renewal time.

I have to add that all my conversations with the staff at Sky were well received. It was just that this years premium was to high.

Thanks for the info. Regards. Granty.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I think ill be goin with sky. They qouted me £947 compared to admiral multicar quote of £1065 which is £140 more than i payed with them last year

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
crazy price considering the money you have spent on your teg and its current market value.

i'm also 30 and never had a claim since i passed test at 17

i wonder if i spend a fortune on my car will it bring the insurance down lol

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Have you tried some of the others. Most of them give favourable premiums to attract new business. Its their way of getting you into the family. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say in Yorkshire.

I decided to ring and ask questions. I declared all I was required to. Its also advisable to know who you are speaking to. Make notes. Time day date and what was said in answer to your questions.

If you're in to saving a few quid it has to be done.

Regards. Granty.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Thanks for the kind feedback, I have passed this onto my colleague Mitchell and his line manager.

If anyone would like to speak to Mitchell specifically when going through a quotation, you are welcome to PM me your contact details and request a call back and I will arrange for Mitchell to call.

For anyone reading, feel free to enter our 2013 competition to win an Ariel Atom Experience, Sky Insurance customers receive an extra entry, details below:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013/01/ariel-atom-experience-competition/

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 03303 331250

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I'm 29 this year, I have 9 years NCB and I'm currently paying £600 with Sky. Year before it was £790

Hoping mine will be as cheap as yours come renewal time Justin :)

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Well I've been calling around and it seems everyone has matched each other.

7 Years NCB 25 Years old - 1 non-fault accident Clean License

Sky renewal letter = £1180 - had a reminder call saying and after a short chat, they said that cheapest they could do it last week so i told them I will call around and come back to them.

Today I have called Jeremy from Keith Michaels - couldn't insure me last year due to me not being 25. However I thought I'd give them a ring again to see what he could do and he has got back to me at £780 with £350 excess, NCB protected, any mods - additional for power increase (remap/turbo charged) £60 a day for track day

Everyone has been talking about Greenlight Insurance lately so I also gave them a call, Will and Neil has been very helpful and the price came to £698 and £350 excess with track insurance in UK except Castle Combe (don't think I will be tracking this year yet but its nice to have?) £25 addition for KPro, any mods - additional for power increase (remap/turbo charged).

Called Sky back up and they had matched it at £698 and £300 excess with mods available.

Think I might have made an error because I thought I only had 6 years NCB but in fact I actually have 7. (not sure if that would make that much difference anyway but will update them tomorrow and see).

Pretty balanced so far!

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Update:

Greenlight - Neil was great, he went the extra way to get the best possible price after saying they couldn't match Keith Michaels and had listed possible mods onto the policy just in case I will take it up. Track insurance per day is £45.

Keith Michaels - Jeremy has also been awesome in matching and getting to the lowest possible price for me and matched Greenlight with £45 per track day.

However Alex at Sky has also matched the other offers (think the difference at the end was £20 in total of the monthly payments).

£698 for the renewal this year considering the renewal letter Sky sent me was £1180.

So just by calling around I have managed to save £482.

5 years NCB (seems my NCB was messed around a little when I changed from the Colt CZT to the Civic and then to the DC5).

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I had a renewal from Keith Michaels at £635 which is exactly the same as what I payed last year! So I rung around. Adrian flux quoted £565 which was good but Keith Michaels came back with £535! Saving me £100!

I'm 28, married, homeowner, good postcode (EX) 12years driving, 11 years NCB, 5 years with the Teg plus other sports cars. Parked on street.

Don't think I'm going to get much better than that!!

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
I had a renewal from Keith Michaels at £635 which is exactly the same as what I payed last year! So I rung around. Adrian flux quoted £565 which was good but Keith Michaels came back with £535! Saving me £100!

I'm 28, married, homeowner, good postcode (EX) 12years driving, 11 years NCB, 5 years with the Teg plus other sports cars. Parked on street.

Don't think I'm going to get much better than that!!
Hi Gok,

what was our rate on this just out of interest?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

Gems

Advanced Member
I went with Sky too, they beat green lights quote for me at £550 and i'm 27 with no accidents or claims and 3 years ncb (used to be on my mum and dads policy then motor trade one) with only a couple of hundred pound excess.

I was with adrian flux for years before that and they wanted £1400 off me!

It was nice talking to someone on the phone who actually knew what coilovers etc was!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
Hi Gok,

what was our rate on this just out of interest?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552
Hi Ollie

I didn't get a quote in the end from Sky. A chap was going to ring me back later in the day about it. But by the time he did I had already sorted it with my current insurer. I have nothing against Sky and would happily use you guys again but I really couldn't see you matching or getting cheaper than the above quote. If you are more competitive next year I will go with you! 😉

Thanks!

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Hi Ollie

I didn't get a quote in the end from Sky. A chap was going to ring me back later in the day about it. But by the time he did I had already sorted it with my current insurer. I have nothing against Sky and would happily use you guys again but I really couldn't see you matching or getting cheaper than the above quote. If you are more competitive next year I will go with you!

Thanks!
No worries, feel free to get in touch at any time!

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707642552

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Just finished my round robin of insurance quotes.

Sky initially sent me a renewal quote of £535 - a decrease of £12.

I didn't want to spend too long getting comparison quotes so I just stuck to:
  • A Plan - £495
  • Greenlight - £399
  • Keith Michaels - I was put on hold for 15 mins so hung up
  • Sky - £395
Very happy with that for the year. Thanks to Ollie and his team xthumbup

integraleo

Advanced Member
That's so odd my renewal back in June from sky was also 12 quid cheaper than the previous year. After a quote from greenlight sky came in 20 quid cheaper which worked out over £100 cheaper than the original renewal quote.