2013 Insurance = Sky for me this year

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
blueguy said:
Just finished my round robin of insurance quotes.

Sky initially sent me a renewal quote of £535 - a decrease of £12.

I didn't want to spend too long getting comparison quotes so I just stuck to:
  • A Plan - £495
  • Greenlight - £399
  • Keith Michaels - I was put on hold for 15 mins so hung up
  • Sky - £395
Very happy with that for the year. Thanks to Ollie and his team xthumbup
I dont understand how that is possible??

Insurance prices are scientifically calculated based on mileage, Postcode, Modifications, NCB and numerous other factors. Its not a case of pick a figure out of the air.

If you didnt change anything on your policy (like reduce mileage etc) how can the companies best renewal offer be reduced from £535 to £395 for no other reason than you got a better price elsewhere. if you hadnt of rung around where would that extra £150 of gone??

You could understand £15-£30 reduction by reducing some of the broker commission but £150 is huge

Personally as a consumer i would never reward any company/retailer with my business who tried to charge me £150 more than they could actually get the item for in the first place. I definately wouldnt be thanking them for trying to overcharge me.

Surely the best price is the best price.

Best Regards
Neil
greenlight

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Unfortunately Sky Insurance didn't get my renewal this year but just a note for those going to Sky Insurance. I have been with them since my last car (Honda Civic EK4) in 2011 and have been with them since over to my switch to the DC5 and their service has been brilliant, I can't really fault them, every time I called up with a query or question, it gets answered and dealt with really quickly.

A special thanks to Luke this time at the renewal team who went out his way to retrieve one of my lost NCB's onto my cover and trying to get me a better price, unfortunately Greenlight got the best price this year for me.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Neil@Greenlight said:
I dont understand how that is possible??

Insurance prices are scientifically calculated based on mileage, Postcode, Modifications, NCB and numerous other factors. Its not a case of pick a figure out of the air.

If you didnt change anything on your policy (like reduce mileage etc) how can the companies best renewal offer be reduced from £535 to £395 for no other reason than you got a better price elsewhere. if you hadnt of rung around where would that extra £150 of gone??

You could understand £15-£30 reduction by reducing some of the broker commission but £150 is huge

Personally as a consumer i would never reward any company/retailer with my business who tried to charge me £150 more than they could actually get the item for in the first place. I definately wouldnt be thanking them for trying to overcharge me.

Surely the best price is the best price.

Best Regards
Neil
greenlight
I've always found I had to ring around after receiving a renewal quote; it's just something I've accepted with the various providers I've been with. Is it right? Definitely not but I've found it the same year after year, there's no point me crying about it.
If you're telling me that Greenlight always give their best price on renewal quotes then hats off to you Neil, that's very commendable.

I understand what you're saying and from a principle point of view I agree, however at the end of the day whoever quotes me the cheapest from the small group of providers I would go with (which includes Greenlight) gets my business.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
I've always found I had to ring around after receiving a renewal quote; it's just something I've accepted with the various providers I've been with. Is it right? Definitely not but I've found it the same year after year, there's no point me crying about it.
If you're telling me that Greenlight always give their best price on renewal quotes then hats off to you Neil, that's very commendable.

Yes this is what we do and always have done. There is no way i would quote someone £900 when i can actually get it for £600....I would only treat a customer in a way i would want to be treated myself.

Its always down to you where your money goes but if the company who gave you an inflated renewal only match your best quote then why would you reward them with your business. My personal take is i wouldnt ever reward a company who tried to have my trousers down in the first place. You can understand being able to shave £20-£30 off the price by reducing some of the company earnings but £150 is simply unbelievable.

As a regulated financial services company you have to "Treat Customers Fairly".

Im not crying about It.....It doesnt matter to me mate i dont work on a sales commission or anything just that this situation is what gives insurance brokers a bad name. Plus if someone wants us to put in all the work refering to underwriters getting you a great deal (The Job your exitsing company should be doing) but just wants to use us as target to try and get a rate for their existing company (who over charged them in the first place) to match id rather they didnt contact us. Surely if your company are just going to match any price willy nilly then whats to stop customers saying "ive had £300" and they just match that....MADNESS.

With greenlight unlike most other companies we dont charge Admin fees for mid term modifications and other changes. Plus we do not inflate our renewal prices hoping the customer will buy it.....If you dont claim during the year with us your policy renewal price will be cheaper than the year before.

Best Regards
Neil

molten-ice

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:

Yes this is what we do and always have done. There is no way i would quote someone £900 when i can actually get it for £600....I would only treat a customer in a way i would want to be treated myself.

Its always down to you where your money goes but if the company who gave you an inflated renewal only match your best quote then why would you reward them with your business. My personal take is i wouldnt ever reward a company who tried to have my trousers down in the first place. You can understand being able to shave £20-£30 off the price by reducing some of the company earnings but £150 is simply unbelievable.

Im not crying about It.....It doesnt matter to me mate i dont work on a sales commission or anything just that this situation is what gives insurance brokers a bad name. Plus if someone wants us to put in all the work refering to underwriters getting you a great deal (The Job your exitsing company should be doing) but just wants to use us as target to try and get a rate for their existing company (who over charged them in the first place) to match id rather they didnt contact us. Surely if your company are just going to match any price willy nilly then whats to stop customers saying "ive had £300" and they just match that....MADNESS.

With greenlight unlike most other companies we dont charge Admin fees for mid term modifications and other changes. Plus we do not inflate our renewal prices hoping the customer will buy it.....If you dont claim during the year with us your policy renewal price will be cheaper than the year before.

Best Regards
Neil
Neil,

I dealt with one of you colleagues when i was getting my renewal, and the price he gave me really was the lowest he could go, even when another company had quoted £50 less , he said he couldn‘t match it and it was the best price, and i made sure i called you back , as the chap i was dealing with knew what my car was , knew what ITB`s and a toda manifold was , he was not just a robot on a phone smashing numbers and details into a system , he was actually there trying to help.

However, i had my first quote from Adrian flux for £750 , when i told them i could get it for £475 , they dropped it within seconds to £425, now this is a business practice i do not agree with , that‘s why when they ask "what‘s your best price you have had so far" i always come back with , "well you just tell me what your best price is and we can go from there"

Anyway, that‘s my 2 cents worth ......

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Neil@Greenlight said:

Best Regards
Neil
Neil, just to be clear I said there's no point 'me' crying about it not you. I definitely wasn't having a dig at you.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Regarding matching, yes I've gone back to the insurer I'm with to ask if they can beat a better quote. Sometimes they can't beat it and I've moved away from them; that includes Sky.