300 POUNDS FOR 12 MONTHS TAX!!!IS THIS RIGHT???

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Date of Liability 01 12 2008
Date of First Registration 01 06 2005
Year of Manufacture 2001
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1990CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00

:)

spo_gen

Advanced Member
I just paid for 6 months at £101.75. So Im guessing I would be still paying the £210 for 12 months.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
The old part number on the ECU is PRC 013 and the newer one is PRC023.
It is the PRC023 that has the lower emissions. Which is what honda would have to see in the vehicle to tell their head office your one is fitted with that ECU.
Then their Head office will send you a letter stating that your car is fitted with this later ECU therefore complying with the model report with the lower Emission on it.

cfoster

Advanced Member
neil_integra said:
It is the PRC023 that has the lower emissions. Which is what honda would have to see in the vehicle to tell their head office your one is fitted with that ECU.
Then their Head office will send you a letter stating that your car is fitted with this later ECU therefore complying with the model report with the lower Emission on it.
My ECU has PRC 013 on it, does this mean that i'm stuffed?!!

Chris :)

qamvti

Advanced Member
cfoster said:
neil_integra said:

Hi
Have you got this sorted out I am in the same problem you will need to install the newer ecu.
Thank you

Stuart_M

Just got my renewal through...£101.75 for 6 months or £185 for 12 months..would really rather just get the 6 months at the moment, but can anyone tell me will tax bands have gone up again by next Feb when it will need renewing again if I only do 6 months...just wondering whether i would be better off going for the 12 month ticket and saving money in long run.

Cheers

Stuart

mikegsi

Staff member
do the 12 month one mate, at best it will still be the same price in 12 months, there's no way it will come down though, chances are it will have gone up again by then!

Stuart_M

Think probably will do Mike, just could have done without the expense this month.

Shame its not like the good old days when you could leave it a few months, then when you daren't go any longer or you get the mother and father on your case, just go to the local PO, tick the box on the form to say its been parked off road.. and away you go again :)

qamvti

Advanced Member
cfoster said:
neil_integra said:

Newty

Advanced Member
I aint even reading all the posts...all I am saying is I am paying £300 now...will be paying more next year...and more the year after. I take comfort that the whole nation is being ripped off, not just me!!!

Could be worse...!