3k to spend - best route to Supercharging..?

Teggs

Basically as the title says, I'm looking towards SC in the near future, I would expect this to cost me in the region of 6K, this year I have approx 3K at my disposal, with a similar amount next year (hopefully!).

Looking at some of the great cars on here that have gone down this route they seem to have a pretty extensive list of engine mods and would be grateful to hear your opinions on the best way to tackle this upgrade.

I think that 2 main priorities are to get bodywork immaculate and also get a fast road setup installed (1K?) which leaves 2K to do this year, can the standard internals handle a bolt on JRSC or do I need to lay the groundwork this year and get the charger bolted on it a year's time?

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to engine modification and I'd like to keep her looking as standard as possible (well on the outside anyway), the guy who Is going to work on it has been involved in DC2 and DC5 touring cars so I'm sure he will pretty much know what needs doing, I'd like to go and see him with some kind of idea what I'm talking about though.

Cheers,

Teggs

jrscho

Advanced Member
Like you said... Region of 6k, I'm not sure what you mean by 3k now and 3k later but I would save your money till you have 6k all in. Unless your patient and don't mind buying a charger and having it sit there for a year..

I'm not sure exact figures for a frsu but I expect £300 odd? Around £80-100 for a frsu then the camber bolts and all that.

If you want a Jrsc then yes stock internals is perfectly fine.

Depending what parts you have already, you'd want to make the most out of the charger and get decent power. Ie decent exhaust and manifold etc. not to mention injectors. Also KPRO if you already havent got one and a remap ontop is around 1k. Then you need to look for a used Jrsc as you can't buy new anyway which is about £2k-2.5k normally. Would expect you to have good brakes and pads and good tyres already as well.. If not need to factor those into budget as well.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Teggs said:
Basically as the title says, I'm looking towards SC in the near future, I would expect this to cost me in the region of 6K, this year I have approx 3K at my disposal, with a similar amount next year (hopefully!).

Looking at some of the great cars on here that have gone down this route they seem to have a pretty extensive list of engine mods and would be grateful to hear your opinions on the best way to tackle this upgrade.

I think that 2 main priorities are to get bodywork immaculate and also get a fast road setup installed (1K?) which leaves 2K to do this year, can the standard internals handle a bolt on JRSC or do I need to lay the groundwork this year and get the charger bolted on it a year's time?

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to engine modification and I'd like to keep her looking as standard as possible (well on the outside anyway), the guy who Is going to work on it has been involved in DC2 and DC5 touring cars so I'm sure he will pretty much know what needs doing, I'd like to go and see him with some kind of idea what I'm talking about though.

Cheers,

Teggs
keep your 3k, and the 3k from next year, and purchase mine when i put it up for sale next summer xthumbup

FireDance

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
keep your 3k, and the 3k from next year, and purchase mine when i put it up for sale next summer xthumbup
Planning to sell already?! Why?

FireDance

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Not til next year as stated.

I never keep cars long, always something else I want to try..
What else you going to get? Your DC5 will take some beating, so gotta be good 8)