99 ron fuel at Tesco's

User

Advanced Member

Threads over at scoobynet (General Discussion) to firm it up.

How handy is that? :D

I'm off shopping for a DC5 tomorrow so that's well handy, lots of Tesco's in the West Mids where I live. :)

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
I was wondering WTF they were going on about in general.... :roll:

Look on the bright side - at least we don't have pslewis on this board, it's probably not big enough!! :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
would do, but the nearest tesco is 12 miles away and im not sure if they do petrol!

Duncs

my nearest is about 8 miles away, shell on the way, may give it a go though for the weekend

dobber

Advanced Member
What a result this is!!

Looks like my optimax points will stop now though hehe

Erm

Advanced Member
:lol: shell just round the corner from me!

no idea where nearest tesco petrol station is so i'll give it a miss ;)

mikegsi

Staff member
i think everyone should email shell about this and ask if they are gonna upgrade their optimax to compete, or they will lose a lot of custom, the tesco near me does sell petrol, gonna check it out later!

T666YPR

I've read that all petrol stations in a given area are supplied by the same refinery local to them and then add their additives after.

e.g. Shell,BP,ASDA,Tesco near to each other,are all be supplied by the same refinery,only adding what makes theirs special(detergents etc) after their truck picks it up from the oil depot

I've now read this on a few forums,posted by those "in the business" themselves.

Good to know that TESCO have started the ball rolling with high octane though,seeing as it will be supplied by the same refinery as the local Shell,BP etc anyway,RESULT.

Might have a go at the cheap stuff now my nearest 97ron is 97.9p/litre.

GeordieAndy

Advanced Member
I actually work for Tesco, and havnt heard anything yet about North East stores gettin 99ron. I'll have to look into it today :oops:

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
dobber said:
What are these?
Banksy is a well-known local grafitti artist whos work can be seen around Bristol and parts of London. You can see his work adorning walls all round Bristol, but usually a lot smaller than this one on Cheltenham Road! Usually take the form of black stencil-sprayed motifs.

Not sure if this work of art was/is legal. Have heard he was officially 'commisioned' to do some decoration of one of the London underground stations when it was being refurbished, but never been able to confirm this or find out which station.

This is his website:

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

And some of the fun stuff he gets up to:

http://www.woostercollective.com/2005/03/wooster-exclusive-banksy-hits-new.html

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Evil_Weasel said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
dobber said:
What are these?
Banksy is a well-known local grafitti artist whos work can be seen around Bristol and parts of London. You can see his work adorning walls all round Bristol, but usually a lot smaller than this one on Cheltenham Road! Usually take the form of black stencil-sprayed motifs.

Not sure if this work of art was/is legal. Have heard he was officially 'commisioned' to do some decoration of one of the London underground stations when it was being refurbished, but never been able to confirm this or find out which station.

This is his website:

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

And some of the fun stuff he gets up to:

http://www.woostercollective.com/2005/03/wooster-exclusive-banksy-hits-new.html
Hi mate,

don't take offence, appreciate the history, but the pic is my sig' I know a bit about Banksy. I was asking what Optimax poitns were as I've never heard of them, is it a reward card scheme or soemthing.

Sorry for the confusion :oops: