99 ron fuel at Tesco's

mikegsi

Staff member
just rang the three nearest tesco's to me with petrol stations, they all only sell normal unleaded, not even super unleaded. :evil:

akcwong

So after all, what is the feedback of those fuel, to be honest, I can't really feel the difference. Except it was suprising cheap, 85.9p in Sandhurst tesco.

Highlander

Having seen this thread I checked at my local tesco this morning (Ashby de la Zuch) and no such luck. Only 97RON.

Bummer.

Having siad that I had noticed that they only recently introduced super unleaded at that store recently.

Anyone kow if they are planning to roll this out nationwide? or only in selected areas.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I've just read on the Tatsu forum that someone filled up with 99RON at Brislington Tesco in Bristol. I'll check it out tomorrow and confirm it's deffo the 99RON.

kingston

Advanced Member
Its been pushed up to 91p now where i am, did go 91, i complained - 89 but back to 91p now. I blame the European driving car idiots thinking that the higher ron is better for their engines even though theyve been designed to run on 95/97.

I blame them for the price hike! :evil: :evil:

mikegsi

Staff member
the price is creeping up round here too, not long till were back knocking on the pound per litre door :evil:

T666YPR

It's 96.9p for BP ultimate here and just 10 miles down the road Optimax is about 3p cheaper :?

It was £1 a litre at Snetterton circuit which doesn't look as bad as it did last year compared to my local prices now :evil:

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
paid 98.9 at fleet services yesterday for optimax, nearly died :shock:
You should all know that the motorway services are the worst places for getting cheap fuel.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
I've just read on the Tatsu forum that someone filled up with 99RON at Brislington Tesco in Bristol. I'll check it out tomorrow and confirm it's deffo the 99RON.
It's true, filled up last night at 89.9p, rather than the usual 94.9p for Optimax, still going to put Optimax in 1 every 4 fills for the cleaning agents.

Mainly driving in traffic but the throttle felt a little smoother and I think V-tec is less agressive, it could all be b0leks though and in my mind :lol: Just thought I'd let you know though.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
I'll have given up driving by the time we get any good stuff in Wales :roll:

Ah well, the stupid price of 97.9 Optimax will have to do for now :roll: