99 ron @ Tesco coming to london and SE mid november

Archie

Advanced Member
Just read a clip from the Telegraph motoring section Tesco are going to be supplying 99 ron Fuel from 100 London and SE garages from mid November :D The fuel is blended with 5% bio-ethanol :? what ever it sounds good :D

Its taken them long enough :D

Suped

Advanced Member
already been using it from the local Tesco and Slough Tesco for the past couple of weeks.

Good economy and abit more grunt.. but prolly down to me being ery happy!

dobber

Advanced Member
Woohoo, at last.
Cheers for the pointer. Will be avidly looking every time i go to tesco's now :)

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Suped said:
already been using it from the local Tesco and Slough Tesco for the past couple of weeks.

Good economy and abit more grunt.. but prolly down to me being ery happy!
Been using it from Tesco Slough now to for some time, very good stuff IMO

Think it may be a while before I see it in Wales though, so will still need to use the extortionate Optimax there for a while yet! :(

Archie

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
What about the Midlands too!! :(

They have probably realised that there is a market for 99 ron Tesco are the super market leaders the reason for this is that they are always one of the 1st to take a risk and provide new services and products the rest just follow, I know this as I work for ASDA and we are not the market leaders we only follow !!!

They will probably see what sort of respones they get to marketing the fuel across london and then spread out over the rest of the country and in typical ASDA fashion we will start supplying it in the year 2050 lol :D

Andy

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Apparently 40% of the fuel market is in the South East and so will be a factor in them trialling it there.

mikegsi

Staff member
same with everything in this country...

take for eaxmple carling premier, absolutely gorgeous, but because it didnt sell very well dahn sarf (couldnt take it without a dash of lemonade!)they withdrew it from the yates cahin up here, it was the best seller up here.

now i hear they're stopping making it altogether :(

mikegsi

Staff member

take for eaxmple carling premier, absolutely gorgeous, but because it didnt sell very well dahn sarf (couldnt take it without a dash of lemonade!)they withdrew it from the yates chain up here, it was the best seller up here.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:

take for eaxmple carling premier, absolutely gorgeous, but because it didnt sell very well dahn sarf (couldnt take it without a dash of lemonade!)they withdrew it from the yates cahin up here, it was the best seller up here.

I'll forgive your double post mate...but stopping Carling Premier?????

When did they announce this????? :cry:

Ok, I've hardly drunk this year, but that was really nice :(

Archie

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:

take for eaxmple carling premier, absolutely gorgeous, but because it didnt sell very well dahn sarf (couldnt take it without a dash of lemonade!)they withdrew it from the yates chain up here, it was the best seller up here.

Cant beat the premier the yates up here have the pumps but never have the stuff barstewards :evil:

Can buy it from threshers but it aint the same from the can, did any one ever try Fosters Amber it was literaly the same as the carling P :D but that only lasted for a few months before disapereing from my local :(

mikegsi

Staff member
Welsh-Rich said:
mikegsi said:

I'll forgive your double post mate...but stopping Carling Premier?????

When did they announce this????? :cry:

Ok, I've hardly drunk this year, but that was really nice :(
dont know for deffo, was just something i heard, it is really nice, when i got married the place we had the do didnt serve it so i got them to buy a load of crates of it which they then sold behind teh bar as well as the normal stuff

T666YPR

Me and the lads were just talking about this at the weekend. :shock:

It's disappeared from around here too. :(

mikegsi

Staff member
think i'll get some to keep in my fridge to treasure it when stocks run out!!! :D

turbo5

Advanced Member
just got this reply
Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that 99 Octane Super unleaded petrol is now available in 12 stores around the South East.

I can also confirm that this is on trail basis and will be rolled out based on its popularity.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused by our reply.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at customer.service@tesco.co.uk quoting TES1258975X.

Regards

Siddique Fayaz
Tesco Customer Service