A warning to all DC5 owners

Adz

Advanced Member
I recently heared of a nasty incident that happened to a guy with a silver DC5, somewhere in the midlands??.. If its you, then please correct my story if im wrong..

Chap was happily drivin along when somethin hit the bottom of the car. I don't know about you, but with the roads around me being the way they are, this happens from time to time.. but on this occasion what ever it was hit the driveshaft and was obviously sent spinning off at quite a rate up towards the engine. It appears that honda do get things wrong.. sometimes.. :) Apparently the oil filter is positioned directly above the drive shaft, with no protection at all!.. The result was the oil filter was ripped clean off the engine!!.. oil pouring out!.. not good.

Luckily for our man :? the oil caught fire on the manifold, so he stopped pritty sharpish to put it out.. as you would.. realised what had happened and drove no further!.. ohhhh.. could have been an engine rebuild?.. nasty.

So I don't know about you.. but the next bang I hear.. I think I might just stop and have a quick look..?

JOM

Advanced Member
When did this happen?

Only person know of with a Silver DC5 in the midlands is LicklePaulie and he has not menioned it.

James

Adz

Advanced Member
Hi ya.. not sure. apparently it lives in the centre of Birmingham?..
Other than that I don't really know.. just something I heared really.. so how acurate it is im not really sure. Although I have just heared that it only made a large hole in the filter.. not took it off completely.. which sounds more realistic?..

Im still gonna keep it in mind!..

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Answered this one on type-r.org but, to put your mind at rest James (et al), it wasn't me! The moral of the story is, though (thanks for this adz) if you hear a bang under your bonnet it may be prudent to check that road debris has not been thrown upward and blown a hole in the offending item thus rendering you to the cost of a complete rebuild as you may have left your engine oil behind!

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Also avoid road debris at all times and stop aiming for small furry animals that run in front of you! :wink:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
I am trying to find the pic my mate made of his car and then photoshopped kills onto the side (where sponsor stickers would go) A bit like fighter pilots did during the war :wink: badgers, bunnies and birdies :D

Holmesy

i bought my poxy DC5 from birmingham and its crap. i hate it it runs like a fiesta for 90% of the time. no warning lights, and runs perfectly every time i take it into honda. its rubbish. i wouldnt mind betting mine was that car. only had it 6 weeks and i nearly deliberately drove it into a wall 2nite wen it failed to respond whilst trying to loose the old bill coz they saw me on my mobile. luckily they didnt chase me but if they did my car would have got me nicked.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Holmesy said:
i bought my poxy DC5 from birmingham and its crap. i hate it it runs like a fiesta for 90% of the time. no warning lights, and runs perfectly every time i take it into honda. its rubbish. i wouldnt mind betting mine was that car. only had it 6 weeks and i nearly deliberately drove it into a wall 2nite wen it failed to respond whilst trying to loose the old bill coz they saw me on my mobile. luckily they didnt chase me but if they did my car would have got me nicked.
Errr mate what are you on...

If there is something wrong with your car.. take it back to where you bought it, or take it to Honda and leave it there for a week and ask them to drive the car on a daily basis until the problem is spotted....

and as for "trying to loose the old bill coz they saw me on my mobile" I think you are in the wrong forum mate... :!: Go back to XR2, Nova forums... Please.....

Oh and "luckily they didnt chase me but if they did my car would have got me nicked"

NO you would of got yourself nicked... 1st driving on the phone and second trying to out run the police....

:roll:

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Holmesy,

I have to say that there are more mature ways to work out one's anger... Have you ever tried playing a sport - or seeing a counsellor? I must say that I agree with the general tenor of Mark's retort. If you MUST rant and rave that your broken tools are responsible for the possible consequences of your illegal practices then please do us all the favour of doing it somewhere else.

There are ways and means of sorting out the electro-mechanical glitches of which you speak but I must say that venting your rage to a forum such as this is not one of the more successful ones. Perhaps if you pop down to the McDonalds car-park tonight you may find a sixteen year-old girlie who will agree with your approach but I find it wholly inappropriate here.

If you have true issue with the vendor of your vehicle then I suggest you take it up with them - You obviously have plenty of money (being able to afford Group 17!!? insurance at your age) so why have you not employed legal advice in pursuit of reparations? Best regards,

Holmesy

nar the cars just crap. With all this technical wizardry that these jap cars have i find it odd that wen MY car develops a problem the warning light doesnt come on, nor will tell any diagnostic there is a fault. the place i bought it from were and are a bunch of cowboys. they are constantly "ringing me back" and never do. and honda have said they wont take it for a week because they dont drive any car apparently. none of them do. i find that to be strange as well but they wont do it they say its pointless the car will just gather dust.

And i can only assume from all your replies that either NONE of you ever answer the fone whilst driving, or that when you do if you see the police come past in the other direction you slow down and stop and wait for them to come back.

and yes i am a typical boy racer, i use the fone whilst driving straight roads. we all do us racers. and i regular hang around 17 yr olds with novas as they provide ample competition for my rubbish DC5 that doesnt work.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
I believe there to be one of those new-fangled invention-thingies that they call a Hands Free or something, innit? De Babylon don't search me tins when I is on that, Aiee!!!

Duckhunter

Holmsey!

Have you tried going to different HONDA dealers with your problem?

Are you running it on 98+ Ron?

What are the actual symptons of your problem when it goes wrong?

You might be better of trading your DC5 in for a nice Ford model. That way you will have all that spare cash to go out on the lash with the Ladz on Thursday nights, and you can drink yourself silly on Absenth as you apear not to be able to handle the R

Holmesy

okay so you all use them. my mistake. didnt realise you DC5 owners wer all such a bunch of uptight losers. get a life, its a car. a nice car wen it works, but a car all the same. i think YOUS should take up a sport. like tennis, or maybe polo would be more suited. i wish i had never bought a honda as id hate to be associated with you bunhc of arrogant tossers.

Kick me off this forum, please, i hope my car gets nicked, i wouldnt want to sell it to anyone and have them put up with this rubbish.

Adz

Advanced Member
ok!.. ok!.. :)

Where abouts in birmingham did you get your DC5 from?..
Did'nt you test drive it before you brought it?..

Adz

Holmesy

its run on optimax All the time, with octane booster now. obviously i cant handle a car that works sumtimes. must be me.