A warning to all DC5 owners

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
the clunking sound you mentioned.. its coming from (or sound like its coming from) the passager side wheel..??? Only reason I ask is because I had a clunking noise only when I left turned hard or when I turned onto my driveway.. which is also a left turn up a tiny slope.. and since changing my Dampers the noise has gone.. so we think it was the top mounts clunking....

So ask the honda dealer to bear that in mind..

UW

Holmesy

not really it almost under my seat!!! and its never at full lock just slight curves turning right. sounds like a spring release more than a clunk.

mugen chip

Advanced Member
howaya holmesy ..
i.ve been reading about your troubled dc-5
:( and i,m wondering would you sell it and how much you,d be looking .

Holmesy

i di consider selling it but when i test rove a handfull of other performance cars i STILL couldnt find anything to better my DC5. im afraid to say that even with it running rubbish im still gonn have to keep it, when its good its too good!

mugen chip

Advanced Member
:D :D
ok no worries holmy.....
i want one and i,ll keep looking there,s only a hand full in ireland.. :p thank,s again

Holmesy

Car is all sorted, it turned out to be the tappets and/or spark plugs. Both were changed/adjusted and the problem has cleared. car is now up for sale on autotrader if anyones interested, theres only 2 silver ones on there and mines got a tidy few extras. cheers lads!

Aaron

Adz

Advanced Member
:lol: Great thread if u read it from the start! :lol:

Glad to here it's all sorted Holmesy! 8)