Aftermarket DC5 Parts Ideas

Mudgey

Advanced Member
I'll move it further up my to-do list and see what I can do. I'll keep you guys updated with the progress.

FireDance

Advanced Member
An American company used to make carbon fibre exhaust tip shields for Evo 7-9 but they have stopped.

If you decide to make them for Evo's too, I know a few people that would be very interested in buying from you.

What is the eBay shop of yours called? You mention you already have a website, what is the name of it please? :)

Midnight

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
An American company used to make carbon fibre exhaust tip shields for Evo 7-9 but they have stopped.

If you decide to make them for Evo's too, I know a few people that would be very interested in buying from you.

What is the eBay shop of yours called? You mention you already have a website, what is the name of it please? :)
Both Rexpeed and Ross Sport can supply them for the Evo.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi Patch,

I think that project would be out of my comfort zone, the outlay and time needed to make one would be too much!

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Mudgey said:
In the design phase:
  • Replacement shifter arm.

Currently there is a lot there to keep me busy but I am keen to look into other products that people think aren't covered on the market up to a good enough standard already?
I need a steel BUSHING for the shifter arm inside the car / at the shift leaver.
OEM is with a poor plastic bushing and this snapped due to hard shifting. Now i spend 3k € on my gearbox, bushings, HR Shifter and stuff - and STILL slack because of the rubbish plastic bushing.

Also i think the scuttleplate for the Tegiwa /Groupe M Airbox would be good since you wont get one with the tegiwa airbox.

If your manufacturing this, let me now i will buy it instant :p

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mudgey said:
Hi Patch,

I think that project would be out of my comfort zone, the outlay and time needed to make one would be too much!
I‘m just talking about the curved plastic at the front? If a nice member with one would be willing to borrow one, is it not just an easy mould? BTW I have no idea in design and making lol

Stupid photobucket doesn‘t work, but it‘s just the front air scoop I mean not the full system?

I‘ll see if I can link up picture later

Mudgey

Advanced Member
TuneBoy: My bushing is worn and I am working on a billet shifter arm with metal spherical bearing, its a little down the list at the moment but will get to it shortly. Everything is already scanned in for this part, its just a cas e of drawing around it and making something that works :)

Patch: Ah right, not sure I know what this bit is. Please post a photo up when you get time.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Excuse the poor pics

Here you can see oem grill with a cut out, but in my mind it does nothing as the bonnet covers it when shut

There‘s a small gap above the radiator where the oem intake gets air from

This is the scoop I mean, helps direct the cold air up into the gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz700

another one here for carbon bumper exhaust trim! also the shifter bush inside car as oem is a crapper...for anyone suffering I kind of fixed mine using a standard black plastic valve cap with the end cut off,reduced play but obviously wont last and is pretty gadgey!

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Ah ok, do they not make those carbon cold air intake diverters any longer? Looks like an expensive piece to make and I would be worried there wouldn't be enough demand.

Done the initial design for the replacement billet shifter arm, the bearing should arrive next week and will print the first prototype when I am back off hols.

I'll get cracking with the bumper exhaust trim once I get back as well.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
If it's the bush in the shifter I'm thinking about I'd order one as mine was crumbled and it cuases me issues.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
If it's the bush in the shifter I'm thinking about I'd order one as mine was crumbled and it cuases me issues.

Wrong bit Sam.

You can just see the two black prongs on the end of the spring. Looks like the 2nd pic.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Wrong bit Sam.

You can just see the two black prongs on the end of the spring. Looks like the 2nd pic.

Ah with you, I've got a K Tuned shifter assembly in mine and without the bush I've circled just gives me loads of play, can't find a replacement anywhere

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Can't you just pack it out with washers to reduce it?

That's what I've done currently but over time the fixing becomes loose because it's now solid mounted. I've tried using Loctite but it doesn't work. I have to keep tightening it up every month or so which is annoying when I've spent a lot of money on the K-Tuned.