Aftermarket LSD's

non vtec

Has anyone got rid of or had problems with the factory LSD's in the DC5R..
I have a JDM K20A and 6spd conversion in my EG civic and in the weekend, almost managed to launch my car into the wall at the strip, as the LSD above 8000rpm on 24.5-9-13 slicks only wanted to spin the right wheel for the first 0.5's
At this stage I am looking at a 16plate carbon adjustable ATS LSD unit for it, along with a new 9" clutch plate..

For those interested I have run 12.43 @ 110.3mph on slicks so far
The motor is stock internals with just headers, filter and a LINK computer with no VTC functions. at the moment its producing around 220whp

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Non Vtec...

Those are some sweet stats mate. I know a couple of DC5 owners have replaced the stock LSD with Quaiffe ones. Also, a few EP3 CTR owners have poped in Quaiffe's as they dont get an LSD from factory.

K20A2

Here in N.America, we dont get your 4.764 FD, LSD

I got a chance to install everything today!

Spoon 1.5 WAY LSD
4.764 Final Drive (we get the 4.3891)
Exedy Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel

Eliminated alot of wheelspin that I had before on low spd Corner... my K20A2 gear ratio works well with the DC5R final gear.. feels like a new car.. LSD :D (cant wipe that damn smile off my face!)

I'll do more testing when i go on the track, keep you guys updated ! !

non vtec

Well I got myself an ATS 1.5way diff which is the company that actually make the SPOON diffs. Its mint although I am yet to try it out as the car is getting lightened at the moment..
I also had to change my 2nd gear set-up as I completely destroyed it..