Another awaiting newbie on the lookout

ste01

Advanced Member
The £500 is non refundable because it counts towards buying the car! Haha.

Don't think there are really any tips, just tell them what you want :)

Mikel_L

ste01 said:
The £500 is non refundable because it counts towards buying the car! Haha.
Don't think there are really any tips, just tell them what you want :)
Haha! I know it counts towards the car i just meant its like thats you on your way there to become a dc owner kind of thing haha apart from waiting for shipping :)

Well the countdown starts soon :p

Mikel_L

Haha! Still looking into the import process yeah, there is a nice pre facelift torque put up today though it has a lot of mods on it already.

But still thinking facelift. Cruel man indeed i will probably be on that site every day for the 6-8 weeks that it takes for shipping..

Polk Type R

Advanced Member
Mikel_L said:
Haha! Still looking into the import process yeah, there is a nice pre facelift torque put up today though it has a lot of mods on it already.
But still thinking facelift. Cruel man indeed i will probably be on that site every day for the 6-8 weeks that it takes for shipping..
A CW facelift landed at JM-Imports along with mine on Thursday. I believe no one has bought it yet, so will be going up for sale - worth a look I suppose ;)

dk123

Advanced Member
Yes as Rom days DO not go to marinetraffic and watch every movement the boat does!!! Haha. Another vote for Torque GT from me - I've been dealing with Tristan and they are super helpful and quick to reply and answer a number of annoying questions from myself. Like the other guys have mentioned the waiting is a whole different game - you need saint like patience. Those pictures they send you become your best friend! Good luck bud and good times soon for you Rom :)

Mikel_L

Polk Type R said:
A CW facelift landed at JM-Imports along with mine on Thursday. I believe no one has bought it yet, so will be going up for sale - worth a look I suppose ;)
I think that one is on the website for 12000 and says reduced price if offer 50% deposit. Wonder how much it would be reduced too..

dk123 said:
Yes as Rom days DO not go to marinetraffic and watch every movement the boat does!!! Haha. Another vote for Torque GT from me - I've been dealing with Tristan and they are super helpful and quick to reply and answer a number of annoying questions from myself. Like the other guys have mentioned the waiting is a whole different game - you need saint like patience. Those pictures they send you become your best friend! Good luck bud and good times soon for you Rom :)
Yeah I am currently dealing with Tristan too and by annoying questions, what do you mean ? Cheers

Rom

Advanced Member
I actually met Darren from Torque GT today at Japfest.

Had a nice little chat about mine and stuff. As nice and helpful in person as he is by phone or email. Hes even got me a parcel shelf like i asked too :)

After going in a dc5 for the first time today, i can safely say... I cannot wait !!

dk123

Advanced Member
Hey mate - oh just annoying questions that he has probably heard a million times about how long it takes once it lands in England, questions about servicing, alarm etc etc. He has been super helpful and I literally can't wait to make the trip to Torque :)

Mikel_L

dk123 said:
Hey mate - oh just annoying questions that he has probably heard a million times about how long it takes once it lands in England, questions about servicing, alarm etc etc. He has been super helpful and I literally can't wait to make the trip to Torque :)
alright again buddy, glad to hear about the service that you have received :)

I would be looking for an alarm fitment too and parcel shelf so I may need to ask too

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Im also awaiting for my dc5 from torque gt aswell. They also source me a parcel shelf and for much cheaper then what people are selling them for.

Anyone know what alarm they will fit?

Mikel_L

linh-ej9 said:
Im also awaiting for my dc5 from torque gt aswell. They also source me a parcel shelf and for much cheaper then what people are selling them for.
Anyone know what alarm they will fit?
Hey is it facelift or prefacelift that you waiting for? I am guessing they will confirm the alarm with you once it arrives in the UK, how much was it for parcel shelf and alarm fitment then?

ste01

Advanced Member
They'll give you a few options with the alarm, offering the usual Autowatch, Toad...all Cat 1 and come with Certificates.

Before you get carried away with parcel shelf prices....you might end up buying a car with one already in! The car I found at auction had parcel shelf/mats and all that with it 8)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
This is what i had to look at while waiting for the ship to arrive HERE Excellent service from TorqueGT ;) Had them fit the alarm (Thatcham) and they also imported some genuine honda wind deflectors as well, long wait and also buying unseen was a bit nerve racking......But all good eventually :)

T.G.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Mikel_L said:
Hey is it facelift or prefacelift that you waiting for? I am guessing they will confirm the alarm with you once it arrives in the UK, how much was it for parcel shelf and alarm fitment then?
Mine would be a prefacelift as i perfer the look off the front end however i will be doing a facelift rear end conversion. They said the parcel shelf will cost £100. On the alarm cost im not too sure i thought the alarm is included so i will have to email them and ask.

dk123

Advanced Member
I believe the alarm is about £300 mate for a really good TOAD model. That's fully fitted for when you pick it up and drive home :)

Rom

Advanced Member
Toads top system is the Ai606. Ive used that for years, on many different cars. A good reliable alarm, that can do enough fancy things if you want. Im sure this will be an extra cost.

And my shelf is £100 too.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Toads top system is the Ai606. Ive used that for years, on many different cars. A good reliable alarm, that can do enough fancy things if you want. Im sure this will be an extra cost.

And my shelf is £100 too.
The is ai606 will be the alarm i want for my dc5. Currently have this alarm on civic fitted by barry from safe and sound and it has be faultless so far.

Mikel_L

Interesting.. in terms of the top toad model, what is it that makes it stand out in specific if you get me?