Anti Roll Bars

Dan34

Advanced Member
Thinking of uprating the ARB's as I've heard it's a worthwhile mod.

One question I have. Do you have to remove the manifold to get the front ARB on? It looks like it would be a bit tight with it in place! lol

mike.williams

Advanced Member
With experience from being under my car a few times i would say yes.

If it was on a ramp maybe it could be fiddled about to be removed without taking downpipe off but im not 100%

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
No, you just need to disconnect the join between the manifold and B-pipe to make room to swap the ARB over.

Which ARB are you going for btw?

Dan34

Advanced Member
Bonson said:
No, you just need to disconnect the join between the manifold and B-pipe to make room to swap the ARB over.

Which ARB are you going for btw?
Ahhh nice one, thanks!

Thinking of going for whitelines as they are adjustable as well.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Cusco is tempted but they cost a fair bit more, and the whitelines are adjustable!

Still mulling over which ones to go for lol

dave c

400hp K20
Bonson said:
Buy Cusco, it can't go wrong.
How much of a difference did they actually make, very tempted but need some positive feedback, TGM always say the standard equipment is more than good enough

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
i was under the impression changing the front arb is a waste of time unless 'because racecar'

this is coming from ep3s though.. the only reason you'd change the front on an ep3 is to fit a different manifold

the rear would be a worthwhile change however.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
dave c said:
How much of a difference did they actually make, very tempted but need some positive feedback, TGM always say the standard equipment is more than good enough
When i just had the 24mm rear Progress ARB it felt pretty planted already, but once i upgraded the front 25mm Cusco ARB (2.5mm larger than OEM), it really tighten the front end, you can feel it thought the steering wheel. It reduce body roll when cornering hard on the track, that means i can turn quicker and aim for the apex more precisely with good balance.

dave c

400hp K20
Bonson said:
When i just had the 24mm rear Progress ARB it felt pretty planted already, but once i upgraded the front 25mm Cusco ARB (2.5mm larger than OEM), it really tighten the front end, you can feel it thought the steering wheel. It reduce body roll when cornering hard on the track, that means i can turn quicker and aim for the apex more precisely with good balance.
any negatives, overly twitchy at high speed, too much front end grip? ie is the back loose now?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
At first it was a little oversteerly with the rear ARB on the hardest setting, but soon after i put it back to the lowest setting and it works very well with the front Cusco ARB. No sudden oversteer or understeer, Its very predictable, total control, no discomfort on the roads. The handling is just unbeatable... Forget expensive coilovers as a first suspension mods, ARB FTW.

Dan34

Advanced Member
You've completely sold it for me Bonson! Haha

Is your rear ARB a cusco as well?

dave c

400hp K20
Bonson said:
At first it was a little oversteerly with the rear ARB on the hardest setting, but soon after i put it back to the lowest setting and it works very well with the front Cusco ARB. No sudden oversteer or understeer, Its very predictable, total control, no discomfort on the roads. The handling is just unbeatable... Forget expensive coilovers as a first suspension mods, ARB FTW.
Sounds like the experience i had when upgrading ARB's on a previous car. that was on whiteline stuff and it transformed the car.

Think you might have sold it to me too. How much did you pay for your cusco ones and where did you get them?

Ta

Princey4

Advanced Member
I have Cusco Arb's front and rear on my fd2 and I completely agree with above, they totally transform the way the car behaves and feels.

dotty

Advanced Member
I have Cusco Arb's front and rear on my fd2 and I completely agree with above, they totally transform the way the car behaves and feels.

Get it on track!!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
dave c said:
I was speaking to tom @ tgm about these yesterday told me a waste of money he said they are still running std arb on there race cars? because i was gonna upgrade the rear arb to a whiteline

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
dave c said:
Sounds like the experience i had when upgrading ARB's on a previous car. that was on whiteline stuff and it transformed the car.

Think you might have sold it to me too. How much did you pay for your cusco ones and where did you get them?

Ta
Ha, i am such a good salesman.

Got them for around 250 delivered from Funky power, but i believe Jono, aka Mr RE Spirit can easily match that ;)

Expect 4 weeks waiting list for a set of arb (freshly made) from Safety 21 in Japan.

Dan34 said:
You've completely sold it for me Bonson! Haha

Is your rear ARB a cusco as well?
The rear is Progress, heavy duty arb, 2 settings, complete with strut bar, made in USA apparently...