Any decent places to mount number plate

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I got a fine for my nber plate bein a sticker not long back and haven't decided Wer or how I want to mount my square plate iv looked at the relocation kits on eBay but unsure any one got any good ideas and some pictures to go with it :)

martinj46

Advanced Member
I remember this being discussed on another forum, as long as the plate text and style is to the required standards, the backing is reflective, there is the bs number on the bottom right and the postcode where it was made in the centre, then it is legal. Apparently there is nothing in the current uk law that states it cannot be a sticker

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Have a read of this:
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/plates.htm

That's all you need to know. Pay attention to the letter sizing etc...
...it's more than likely the size of the letters are far too small on the sticky plate.

A lot of people get a number plate relocator and have it offset like so:
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-front-number-plate-relocater-1582/

By Law, you need the plate on the front and the back too (with exceptions)

I just stick with OEM, came with the car and I actually like the look:

But even then my letters are 9mm short of legal requirement, but unless you have the eyes of a hawk, you wont notice, sticky plates are tiny in comparison which is why people get pulled.

Here is mine and Adams, sporting both OEM and relocator looks....

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Say for instance if I bought the plate relocater could I stick my plate to that once it was fitted as I hate havin holes in my number plate or would I have to put holes in the plate to mount the plate to the mount ?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
So weird this is being talked about again, I've just relocated mine similar to Adams. Took me a couple hours to take the Mugen bumper off and agonise over the position of the plate. All back together now but it's too dark to take a pic to show you :(

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Seems to be a January thing, same happened to me last year. I offset mine with a beatrush bracket. It bolts onto the standard mounting bracket so no drilling required.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
^^That sounds a much better option than drilling.

Yeah you just use really strong double sided sticky fixers to keep it attached. I use them on mine :)

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I did stick it on temporary took it to the Russians to get it washed and plop its on the floor I even told them to be carefull as it was stuck on but they don't listen il definitely look at that link and grab one tomorow 13 quid ain't bad cheers people :)

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Is the beatrush bracket the one that's I'n the link from tegiwa or is that diferent if so is ther a link for that please

Brophy

Advanced Member
Beatrush ones different from the tegiwa, beatrush one bolts onto standard plate holder bolts underneath.

Like this

japhead

What do you guys do with the hole left in the centre then?any cool idea how to cover it maybe a sticker or something

alfa27

Advanced Member
japhead said:
What do you guys do with the hole left in the centre then?any cool idea how to cover it maybe a sticker or something
filled and spray the bumper, to the side looks awful imo.

i have no plate for the last 3 years,stopped a few times and talked my way out of it.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
I also haven't run a front plate for 9 months. Car hardly ever gets used mind. You'll definatly get pulled if seen by the cops, i have but again have talked my way out of it.

I like the plate relocater from the states :)
Never seen that before

Bonito

Advanced Member
Dave C on here has his relocated to a long plate offset to the side of the bumper. It looks like he put magnets onto the bumper and can take the plate on and off as he pleases.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
With the hole I'd personally fill and put a bit of touch up pen over it failing that get it sprayed mines getting sprayed in the next few months im goin to get the bumper and the bonnet done due to stonechips

firthy22

Advanced Member
Get bumper resprayed or fill the hole in and relocate the plate in front of the radiator. YOu can easily make up a bracket to fix to the existing holder.

Looks like this

Jaybo

firthy22 said:
Get bumper resprayed or fill the hole in and relocate the plate in front of the radiator. YOu can easily make up a bracket to fix to the existing holder.

Looks like this

Have you had any problems with the police running a plate that small?

firthy22

Advanced Member
Jaybo said:
Have you had any problems with the police running a plate that small?
None at all, but there's nothing to stop you having a bigger plate in the same position.