anyone running wider wheels? what tyres?

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Thanks for that I think I will try a set of 225 re070 see how they are. Just didnt wanna put the tyres on when still unsure how they will be, as I know the side walls are quite hard and difficult to get the tyres off.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I find the 225/45 RE070's on a 8" wide wheel don't quite have a square tyre profile, but a minute stretch, but its really picking hairs so to speak.

I'm considering 235/40/17 when I need new tyres, thing is 225/45/17 is just such a cheap tyre size which when buying semi-slicks is quite important.

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
I find the 225/45 RE070's on a 8" wide wheel don't quite have a square tyre profile, but a minute stretch, but its really picking hairs so to speak.

I'm considering 235/40/17 when I need new tyres, thing is 225/45/17 is just such a cheap tyre size which when buying semi-slicks is quite important.
I have 8.5" so is even wider, so even more stretch. I want maximum road contact but for them to fit and not rub. My car is on coils and frsu, front looks to be sitting higher then rear though for some reason.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I suppose it comes down to how you want them to "fit".

Maximum contact patch is easily done but you'll probably have to run a fair bit of camber, roll your rear arches and run the car at a sensible height (i.e. not slammed) - I haven't read what you've already done to the car.

I think we really need to know what ET the wheels are, it is generally stamped on the inside of the wheel where it mounts to the hub or the backs of the spokes.

I'm running 17x8 ET40 and at circa -2 front, and -1.5 rear camber and the outside of the wheels are almost flush with the bodywork.