anyone used cpl racing to tune their kpro?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Seems standard with forums these days. Ask something, loads of helpful replies, OP ignores said replies and does his own thing.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
hello i had done other research too and i could find nothing bad said about romain.. actually just had the car mapped by him today and i am happy with the service and the car feels much better then before. ill be honest i misread the post advising against using romain..
but i didnt ignore anyone

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Romain being the guy that charged someone over £400 to tune their car for 40 minutes. 40 minutes?! Didn‘t drive right and speedo reading was wrong. Each to their own though!

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
well during my research i found he had recwntly tuned a few friends cars and some of their friends cars.. and all had nothing but praise. i didnt pay 400 so cant comment on that and i was there for longer then 40mins so cant really comment on that. end of the day the tuner you recommended was too far for me to want to travel to and romain had a good reputation other then the one car you mention on here.
i couldnt find anything really online about cpl but word of mouth reviews didnt come back great. end of the day each to their own.
i came on here asking for reviews of cpl as i was on a 50/50 between them or romain.. the fact no good was mentioned about cpl helped me decide.
thanks for your input.

nails

Advanced Member
Excuse my ignorance guys, but who is Romain? Does he have a company?

I assume TGM don't do re-maps? I didn't see a rolling road there or anything.

I used to use Performance Autoworks when I owned Honda's with H22 lumps in them (Preludes & Accords). I have to say, they were excellent. I don't use them for my DC5 because TGM is nearer, TGM get more DC5's in and they have an equally good reputation. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Performance Autoworks though if I needed something specific doing (like a re-map).

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sadly I think PA have stopped doing remaps now, because they make little to no money from it by the time they've paid to rent the OD dyno, the time it takes to get there, the tune and the return etc. The only way you'll get a tune is if you use one of their performance packages. Rich will be able to advise more on this.

TGM use Eurospec/Romain I believe. Romain is now a freelancer.

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Sadly I think PA have stopped doing remaps now, because they make little to no money from it by the time they've paid to rent the OD dyno, the time it takes to get there, the tune and the return etc. The only way you'll get a tune is if you use one of their performance packages. Rich will be able to advise more on this.

TGM use Eurospec/Romain I believe. Romain is now a freelancer.
Oh, that's a shame, well if I do go down the remap route I guess I will see what Tom at TGM recommends.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
nails said:
Oh, that's a shame, well if I do go down the remap route I guess I will see what Tom at TGM recommends.
Tom will point you in Romains direction.

I am using Chris at EFI because I didn't rate the Romain map on my car one bit and I've read some shocking stories on him. Each to their own though.

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Tom will point you in Romains direction.

I am using Chris at EFI because I didn't rate the Romain map on my car one bit and I've read some shocking stories on him. Each to their own though.
Yeah problem is I am in the south east, so don't really want to all the way up to Cheshire, must be someone decent in the south east. I have to say I am a bit put off using Romain after some of the stuff I have heard on here.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
nails said:
Yeah problem is I am in the south east, so don't really want to all the way up to Cheshire, must be someone decent in the south east. I have to say I am a bit put off using Romain after some of the stuff I have heard on here.
What about 10k racing? Never used them myself though.

Devapage

Can anyone help me I changed my ecu to k pro and imobilizer stil not alowing engine to start light still flashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
Just my 2p, i've used Romain previously to map a car and i had a few problems with my ignition so had to go back twice and the third time he didnt charge me and spent a good 3.5/4 hours on the car, adjusting the cam pulleys etc and the car was great after that, I wouldnt hesitate to use him again.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I have since noticed my cel light flashing indicating knock.. messaged romain and after a discussion i said i would get some daa logs to send him.. he reviewed the logs the same night and advised that it was the knock sensor detecting my cams and to not worry. Having now put more miles on the car i got to admit the map is great i have power everywhere no noticable flat spots and even the vtec cutover is seamless. Only problem i have found is fuel economy has dropped as i keep finding myself pushing the car which i was reluctant to do on my previous map

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Devapage said:
Can anyone help me I changed my ecu to k pro and imobilizer stil not alowing engine to start light still flashing

Have you disabled the immobiliser on kmanager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk