Anyone used SVA imports ?

Joshhawker

Just a quick one people. Seen a really clean pre face lift for sale at SVA and got advised that's their reputation isn't the best. Has anyone bought one through them or know anyone that has ?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Stay well clear mate, I have mentioned why in previous posts on here so do a search and read for yourself

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Couldn't have spoken to a less helpful place when they had an Evo for sale that I was interested in.

nails

Advanced Member
Yeah it's annoying as they have 3 DC5's in stock which all look really nice on the face of it. Torque GT have none and I am getting frustrated with the wait. I am tempted to at least go and take a look at their cars to see if they are as good as they appear in the pictures.

However, I have tried to call SVA about 3 or 4 times over the last week and every time, the phone never got answered.

For me, I have never bought a car without seeing it in the flesh first, if SVA actually have these cars in the UK, then I will actually be able to view in the flesh before making a decision which is quite a big deal for me.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
If you're local then go and look at the cars, end of the day it doesn't matter who imports the car or sells it, it doesn't change if it's a good car or not!

But I'm very funny and I don't do business with people who are rude, don't answer the phone, don't know what they're selling or couldn't seem less interested in selling a car.

Nails have you spoke to Andy at JM Imports? He's a good lad.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I've heard really bad things about them personally. There was a chap at Japfest Silverstone who rated them as his DC5 was imported with them. Best thing to do is go and look at the car and see what you think. When I contacted Torque GT they got back to me within minutes. Plus they've really looked after me even after 3 months after purchasing my DC5.

The important thing is not to get impatient and buy a car that you know isn't right because you desperately want one. If there's none in the UK you fancy I'd consider an Import with either Torque GT or I've heard really good things about BHP cars.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I've just done a quick search on SVA, and honestly I'd stay well clear. Poor paintwork repairs being a favorite of theirs.

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
If you're local then go and look at the cars, end of the day it doesn't matter who imports the car or sells it, it doesn't change if it's a good car or not!

But I'm very funny and I don't do business with people who are rude, don't answer the phone, don't know what they're selling or couldn't seem less interested in selling a car.

I am not exactly local but it is a lot closer than torque GT. It will take me about an hour and a half to get down there. If they actually answer the phone at some point I might go down there.

You are right though, just because they don't have a good reputation doesn't mean the car's they have are automatically going to be of poor quality.

No I haven't spoken to JM, they are even further away from me than Torque GT, but thanks for the suggestion :xhappy:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:

Very good point about looking for yourself regardless of importer.

Isn't Andy WHO imports not JM? Thought Jorgen was IN Imports?

Joshhawker

Thanks for the heads up people I'll stay away from them. I wouldn't part with any money what so ever without seeing it anyway but I know now to stay away. I've been to see charged one for sale but it needed some work doing to it and that's not what I want to be doing to much of if I can help it.

I've also seen a real nice one from a place called BPP it's a bit of a drive to get there but it looks nice. It was out of those two which one I would be going to look at

T3LLIOTT

nails said:
Yeah it's annoying as they have 3 DC5's in stock which all look really nice on the face of it. Torque GT have none and I am getting frustrated with the wait. I am tempted to at least go and take a look at their cars to see if they are as good as they appear in the pictures.

However, I have tried to call SVA about 3 or 4 times over the last week and every time, the phone never got answered.

For me, I have never bought a car without seeing it in the flesh first, if SVA actually have these cars in the UK, then I will actually be able to view in the flesh before making a decision which is quite a big deal for me.
Torque GT have a CW pre-facelift Integra currently on it's way from Japan. Looks clean and low mileage, but at just under £11k it's steep.

The majority of their cars sell whilst in transit anyway, so I'd be surprised if you managed to have a look/test drive one they have in stock. Why don't you try their personal import service? That way you can specify your budget, colour preference, mod preference etc etc.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
My teg came from them originally, but I bought it privately from a guy in Kent about 5 years ago he only had it a year & mine has been fine apart from the normal running costs. When I got it, it went straight to tgm, even Tom said it was a clean one for a 2001 model best thing to do is go down there have a nose round if in doubt walk away.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Very good point about looking for yourself regardless of importer.

Isn't Andy WHO imports not JM? Thought Jorgen was IN Imports?
Chris. said:
God I can't remember. :lol:

The one that used to be 200bhp.
Jurgen = JM Imports

Andy = BHP Imports (Previously 200bhp)

:)

nails

Advanced Member
T3LLIOTT said:
Torque GT have a CW pre-facelift Integra currently on it's way from Japan. Looks clean and low mileage, but at just under £11k it's steep.

The majority of their cars sell whilst in transit anyway, so I'd be surprised if you managed to have a look/test drive one they have in stock. Why don't you try their personal import service? That way you can specify your budget, colour preference, mod preference etc etc.
Thanks but already saw that one. I have me heart set on the red interior so I don't want it, especially at that price.

I am already with torque gt and their personal import service but nothing matching my requirements and standards has come up yet.

Altecians

Advanced Member
There has been alot of discussion about them over the years if you search around.
I went down there with fly_chicken (on here) many years ago to have a look at DC5s for him.

Descriptions were not accurate (parts were missing) and it was clear these cars had been sitting outside quite awhile.
There were some rusty engine bays on quite a few cars but I guess the biggest issue was having no real information on these cars going in.

I've heard a few positive things on various comments and many more negative.
To be honest, its always a buyer beware situation but with importers like Torque GT or other private importers on here, why take the risk on SVA?

nails

Advanced Member
typeR_08 said:
I rung these guys when I was looking for mine. They are friendly enough and gave me loads of pics and information. However, the car put me off as on the auction sheet it showed that a few of the panels had been replaced. It is a grade 3.5.