Attention all Goodyear Eagle F1 owners

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
posted it on the fto forum and one member had thailand versions (fitted in january), phoned up the company that fitted them and they are getting replaced on monday xthumbup

the company said they already had 3 other calls about them before him so word must be getting about.

Zero7

Advanced Member
My tyres must be strange, they say made in China, however they have E13 in a circle with a number after it, plus an E13 in a sqaure plus a number after it.

so what's the score?

mikegsi

Staff member
had my eagles for over 2 years now, havent a clue where i got them from! i plan to kill them at croft next weekend now though as there isnt much left on them so not too fussed where they were made :wink:

replacing them with yoko avs's next :D

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
My tyres must be strange, they say made in China, however they have E13 in a circle with a number after it, plus an E13 in a sqaure plus a number after it.

so what's the score?
same as me, i think the one is the date the tyre is made i.e. 200306 (20th march 2006) and the other is the E stamp no. or something.

Suped

Advanced Member
bugger me silly.. checked mine this afternoon.. have a pair made from thailand and a pair from germany!!! WTF!!!! :x

AdrianK

Advanced Member
i only have 2 F1's left now on the front of mine, one is germany one is china, does this mean that they are different componds either side?

I might change them early if so...

Zero7

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
i only have 2 F1's left now on the front of mine, one is germany one is china, does this mean that they are different componds either side?

I might change them early if so...
From readine the thread on Pistonheads they would probably be different compounds.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
if they are is this going to have any negative effect on the handling would you say, i dont think i can notice any difference in grip turning one way or the other etc... but, it might be worth changing them just to be sure?

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
if you know where you got the thailand ones from then most companies (blackcircle, mytyres etc) seem to be sending out new replacement ones free of charge

And yes the different compunds are quite a lot different with the thailand ones not good enough to get the european quality thing to be on uk roads. So i imagine it would be like having performance tyre on 1 side and budget on the other.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Well from whats said above the China ones are E marked but they do offer lesserr grip than the German ones.

Im prob gonna get shot of mine and get 2 new RE050A's i planned to do it when they wore out, but i might just do it anyways.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I've been very happy with them so far but I dont have any german ones to compare against.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Hmm, my reading of the Pistonheads thread (which is good cos it has the guy from Goodyear on there) is that they should perform the same, if not better as they have been revised over their lifetime.

Interested to hear from anyone who tries the replacement now that the F1s are being phased out.

Raffe

Advanced Member
The two I had fitted at the weekend say Made in China on them, oh well they wont last long anyhows :lol: