Attention all Goodyear Eagle F1 owners

Raffe

Advanced Member
Oh, I thought it was only the German ones that were ok, should really take the time to read threads properly :lol:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Thailand = crap.
Germany & China = fine.

How's that? :wink:

Basically, the question was raised as to why some tyres (i.e. the difference between China and Germany) have different constructions (have a read of the side of your tyres if you have both) - the answer was that the construction has been revised over the life of the tyres to improve performance. Fair enough I think.

Goodyear have now replaced the F1 with a new tyre, so we wait and see how that performs. The PR is that they have won many awards/praise for the F1, so they are very protective of the brand etc. I bet Bridgestone said the same of the S03 when it replaced the S02... :roll:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
OK, they're not replacing the F1, they're replacing the GSD3 with... the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. Apparently that's only available as an XL (extra load), so no more wondering what the difference is when buying F1s!

Raffe

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
OK, they're not replacing the F1, they're replacing the GSD3 with... the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. Apparently that's only available as an XL (extra load), so no more wondering what the difference is when buying F1s!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks grumpy chops =P

JT3173

Advanced Member
Ordered Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's, with this post in mind!

Put the car on the ramp and then went to sleep for 2 hours thinkning nothing else of it.

The tyres were fitted, I was happy with the job, no scuffs and the wheels had been wheel waxed and tyre shine applied too.

I then read "Made in China", has an E mark though, will have to wear them out ASAP!

Not happy, I am in Germany and they choose to import this kind of junk :!: :(

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
Mate...there's nothing wrong with the China ones. Goodyear would not risk selling dodgy tyres in our market

JT3173

Advanced Member
I hope not :!: Really would not want to anything to happen as a result of dodgy tryes!

Just worried about the hard compound that they appently have!

Will have to do some testing as soon as they are bedded in. :?

AdrianK

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
JT3173 said:
Mate...there's nothing wrong with the China ones. Goodyear would not risk selling dodgy tyres in our market
NOT entirely correct mate, the china ones are less grippy than the german, and use a much harder compound...

I know i just ditched the last of my Eagles for Bridgestone RE050A's, and when they were took off, the german one was nearly bald and the china one looked like a nearly new tire, BOTH had been fitted in same position on car and at same time.

So there is certainly a difference in compound and thus grip between china and german ones, oh and you will struggle to 'quickly' wear out the chinese ones, the compound is very hard wearing and low grip from my experience will last a LOT of miles!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
oh and you will struggle to 'quickly' wear out the chinese ones, the compound is very hard wearing and low grip from my experience will last a LOT of miles!
I'd have to disagree with you there as I was at Bedford last Friday and they are properly mullered but performed well

JT3173

Advanced Member
Well after finding a few hair pin bends and going through them many times and half a tank of fuel later I can say that the Eagle F1's are ok, they do have a fair amount of grip and bite in quite well with a nice sreech :D
Wet weather performance, well, after pelnty of testing due to the shite weather I can hohnestly say they are fantastic!

I still want to wear them out as much as possible though and get some Prada 2's.

Laters 8)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member

Dan34

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi guys.

I ordered some RE070's from Funky Tyres but there's been a bit of a mess up with the order and they now don't have any in stock so I'm contemplating going for some Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrical 2's instead, can anyone advise which one of these two I'd need or does it not matter which ones I get?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b2324s15p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch_Goodyear_Tyres_Car_Goodyear_Eagle_F1_Asymmetric_2_-_R17_inch_-_215_45_17_215_45R17

Thanks.
Go for the XL's :)