Attention all Goodyear Eagle F1 owners

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Holy thread revival :) yes XL is a must sometimes called 94 but 91y is also good just don't go any lower unless you get a 40 profile which will have the same effect

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha, yes this is an old one!

I have the 91Y XL's, they are just THE best tyre I have ever used to date. They are shockingly good in both the dry and wet, also one of the lightest tyres you can buy. They are also very quiet.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thanks for that info they seem a great tyre and good in the wet which I need as I'm not the most confident of drivers in the wet lol! I shall be getting some as soon as I get my refund back from Paypal. Have had a fucking nightmare with tyres, I purchased two Bridgestone RE070's from Funky Tyres last Friday in the hope that they would be delivered to me early this week as I had today off so the plan was to get them fitted today.

Anyway had an email off Paypal on the 2nd from Funky Tyres explaining they've had a problem with the stock from their supplier so they didn't have any in stock and have had to refund me which they did straight away in all fairness however as it was an instant bank transfer Paypal are holding the payment for some bizarre unknown reason and now I can't buy any other tyres because they've yet to send me my money back the fucking clowns!

I'm livid. I emailed them two ago to find out what's going on and they've not even bothered to respond to me, not amused. :(

Erm

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Thanks for that info they seem a great tyre and good in the wet which I need as I'm not the most confident of drivers in the wet lol! I shall be getting some as soon as I get my refund back from Paypal. Have had a fucking nightmare with tyres, I purchased two Bridgestone RE070's from Funky Tyres last Friday in the hope that they would be delivered to me early this week as I had today off so the plan was to get them fitted today.

Anyway had an email off Paypal on the 2nd from Funky Tyres explaining they've had a problem with the stock from their supplier so they didn't have any in stock and have had to refund me which they did straight away in all fairness however as it was an instant bank transfer Paypal are holding the payment for some bizarre unknown reason and now I can't buy any other tyres because they've yet to send me my money back the fucking clowns!

I'm livid. I emailed them two ago to find out what's going on and they've not even bothered to respond to me, not amused. :(
yeah its annoying that, when buying through paypal I always change bank transfer to card payment just for that reason that they normally dont actually get the money from the bank for a couple of days from requesting it.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Erm said:
yeah its annoying that, when buying through paypal I always change bank transfer to card payment just for that reason that they normally dont actually get the money from the bank for a couple of days from requesting it.
Didn't realise you could do that, will bear that in mind when it comes to future purchases. The money came back into my Paypal balance this morning so I purchased two Goodyear Eagle F1's AS2's for the fronts and will get the rears next month so hopefully should have a much improved handling car with better grip just in time for the bad weather. :)

Riz

Advanced Member
Are people using 215s or 225s?

I'm torn between these and re070s, but I'd prefer 225 for better protection for the wheels.

Erm

Advanced Member
Riz said:
Are people using 215s or 225s?

I'm torn between these and re070s, but I'd prefer 225 for better protection for the wheels.
215 for me as its the correct size for the alloys

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
225 is fine for 7 inch width, just depends if it rubs when using a lower offset wheel and which geo settings used.

Riz

Advanced Member
Currently have 225s on the car, so rubbing shouldn't be a problem, thanks.