Audi S3 after DC5

armjoker

Advanced Member
You guys scare the excrement out of me :)) for the first time in my life i knew approximately what car to buy, no im in more doubts. S3 is boring, M3 will try to kill me and rob me same time... :)) As I see it all goes to STICK TO THE TEG! :)

bennn

Advanced Member
armjoker said:
You guys scare the excrement out of me :)) for the first time in my life i knew approximately what car to buy, no im in more doubts. S3 is boring, M3 will try to kill me and rob me same time... :)) As I see it all goes to STICK TO THE TEG! :)
Its up to you at the end of the day I was only voicing an opinion. Plenty of people do like the S3 which why Audi sold so many. Not for me at all though.

p1tse

Advanced Member
josh92 said:
Depends what you want out the car mate. Test drive some
This comment in a nut shell.

I've owned high power, quicker cars to the Teg but the Teg for me ticks more of the boxes I want from a car; however if I was to do longer commutes more often, or had to go on rough terrain more often the Teg wouldn't be for me.

I've driven the newest S3 s Tronic model, it was blistering quick, really easy to cover ground and instant pace. However I can echo the above, it was boring due to the feeling on controls was very numb. Saying that I would still have one for right reasons if you want something more grown up, useable space, okay mpg, quick turn of speed as a hot hatch; but think I would prefer the golf r as it feel audi drives are more numb and soulless (for me).

armjoker

Advanced Member
Well im looking for something fast when needed, eco when needed, some space for 4-5 people to sit, decent boot. Something that you could put a baby in there (dont have one at the moment but you never know :) And not too expensive to keep.
Sounds like perfect car recipe to me :)

armjoker

Advanced Member
Just checked Road tax cost in Cyprus for M3, its 520 euros per year :xaiweb3: for teg its only 242 the s3 should be a bit cheaper then the teg since its producing less CO2.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Road tax for my M3 is the same as my Teg was.
Fuel I'm averaging 22mpg, though it's my second car so most of that is fun miles! Sit at 80-90 and it'll return low 30s for mpg, maybe more if I tried! Can't resist using the pedal to hear the rasp though ;)

Mine hasn't been due a service in my ownership yet, but looking at the invoices from previous BMW visits they are not cheap! The last invoice dated a few weeks before I bought it came to just shy of £1k!

p1tse

Advanced Member
armjoker said:
Going to test drive S3 tomorrow, will report back if it not bore me to death :))
Good luck and have fun
The turn of pace and power on tap makes things a lot easier to drive and point to point quick.

The comfort ride might suite your next needs, so don't go in there with a clouded judgement from views on here.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
armjoker said:
Well im looking for something fast when needed, eco when needed, some space for 4-5 people to sit, decent boot. Something that you could put a baby in there (dont have one at the moment but you never know :) And not too expensive to keep.
Sounds like perfect car recipe to me :)
Yes ...it sounds like a Teg to be honest!

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Or an FD2 ;)

More enjoyable than the S3, more affordable in running costs than an M3, plus rear doors if you end up having a baby. Plus it would be a nice move from the DC5.

ktm108

Advanced Member
Had 2 dc5's then bought a s3, sold it and picking up my 3rd dc5 tonight lol.... So much more fun than the audis... Very nice cars don't get me wrong....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
ktm108 said:
Had 2 dc5's then bought a s3, sold it and picking up my 3rd dc5 tonight lol.... So much more fun than the audis... Very nice cars don't get me wrong....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome back, pics and details of old Teg's and current one :)

armjoker

Advanced Member
ok guys, just got back from test drive.
it was 2008 S3 in silver with 53k km (32k miles) on the clock. The car was so new that its hard to imagine the condition of it. I would compare it with brand new car only. After looking around and inside i looked under the hood. Unlike the teg when you open the hood you can see only a plastic with audi logo and S3 on it, not much too look at there, very clean though. Its stock, no modifications at all.

Now the test drive. Even though the owner was keep telling me it has 330 bhp and not 265 like Audi said, I dint see any performance difference compared to DC5 to be honest. We were 4 ppl in car, AC on max (very hot in here). The only difference with the teg is it was more torquei:) For some reason I was expecting more from it :) The drive was on highway. Good thing is, very confy, quite, no noise at all (too quite for me though, i want engine and exhaust noise). Bad is as many ppl her already said, its kind of boring if you could say like that and as was mentioned before, it was soulless. Didnt catch me... Also it was out of my budget any way :) It was good experience any way.

here is a link if you want to see the car http://www.autotrader.com.cy/autos/audi/s3/audi-s3-2008-hatchback-20-500-30132.html

josh92

We told you haha..

My teg is currently for sale and for some reason wanting.to try the mk5 golf r32 anyone had experience in one? A friend of mine is letting.me take his.out Sunday

p1tse

Advanced Member
josh92 said:
We told you haha..

My teg is currently for sale and for some reason wanting.to try the mk5 golf r32 anyone had experience in one? A friend of mine is letting.me take his.out Sunday
I've had a r32 mk5 dsg
The exhaust noise in standard form is a lovely growl, very distinct. I kept it standard as was the family car :)

Probably not much in it on pace to teg, but the Quattro helped but a good geo setup on dc5 is good on normal dry roads

Running cost not much difference to teg either.

I was part of this r32 orchestra :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=patIkvMUAY8

p1tse

Advanced Member
Armjoker, good that you tried and made your own opinion

For average joe I can see why it's appealing the s3.

So what's next on the list?

armjoker

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Armjoker, good that you tried and made your own opinion

For average joe I can see why it's appealing the s3.

So what's next on the list?
No idea m8. M3 i cannot afford. Evo and subaru im not considering ither. I sold my teg, driving civic rs right now;) will stick to it for now. I would love FD2 but there are 2 problems with it, 1st i cant afford to buy one and 2nd there isnt one for sale in CY. Actually there is one, but the guy is selling it for last 3 years;) i cannot afford it any way and i guess no one can since its for sale for 3 years. ;)

armjoker

Advanced Member
To be honest i wouldnt mind owning an S3, but the problem is it cost twice the price of any DC5 in CY. At the end of the day its just big heavy, confy and a bit boring DC5;)