AutoWindscreens

andrewv4

Has anybody else on the forum had a problem with this company? Ive had a crack on my windscreen since the 17th January, phoned them on the day to have the windscreen replaced and they said the next available time they could see me was the 16th February. So the 16th came and they sent me a message on the day in the morning apologizing that the window was out of stock and that they would come out again on 11th March, baring in mind i had to take a day off work because they couldn't guarantee an engineer could come after 3pm.
So yesterday i had to take another day off work and the engineer arrived with a Dc2 windscreen and then told me they cant come and see me again until 4th April meaning I have to take yet another day off to wait for them.
I really don't feel like paying them the £80 excess now because Ive lost about £180 taking non paid leave, does anyone know where i stand with this?
Thanks
Andy

dave7368

Advanced Member
last time i had a front window changed many years ago now, they did it at my work place = no days off work, how come they have to do it at your home address?... and yes the first few visits they normally turn up with a DC2 window :xhappy:

andrewv4

The problem is i am a teacher and the car is parked on school grounds which means the engineer wont be able to come onto site and left on his own without a CRB clearance also i want to see what he is doing as I'm quite ocd about the car. I just hope they dont turn up again with a DC2 window as my policy runs out on April 20th

kazmo

Advanced Member
i'd be getting a Saturday appointment then if you wont let them work on it on their own... also give them the Honda part numbers to make sure you get the right screen, they had to get my last screen from Honda anyways... get the top and side trims replaced at the same time as well, all the clips on the side trims break on removal...

andrewv4

I know about the clips, read a few threads about it and requested it when i first requested the job. Unfortunately when i first requested a Saturday appointment it was 3 weeks after the 16th (today) which i regret not going for but then again i could have had the same problem.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
andrewv4 said:
The problem is i am a teacher and the car is parked on school grounds which means the engineer wont be able to come onto site and left on his own without a CRB clearance also i want to see what he is doing as I'm quite ocd about the car. I just hope they dont turn up again with a DC2 window as my policy runs out on April 20th
It shouldn't make any difference if your policy is finishing soon, it's booked as repair so when they get their finger out you'll be good to go. The part numbers are listed HERE post 8.
Our works van was the same with ins out but was changed ok.

T.G.

andrewv4

Just an update, Auto windscreens came today and brought a screen for an RSX. As it is LHD there is a slight curve on the bottom of the glass plane on the drivers side which is supposed to be on the passenger side on a RHD car and the trim doesn't fit back on. They have assured me they will have it replaced again by Saturday. :(

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive just arranged for a new screen via whoever Greenlight / Markerstudy use.

I confirmed multiple times it was 2001 > DC5. Not RSX, not DC2. He said it lists as a slight green tint, which i cant be sure, as dont have car atm. Its coming from Japan he said, from Honda.
I have new trims and seal to go on when it arrives.

Fingers crossed.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
andrewv4 said:
Just an update, Auto windscreens came today and brought a screen for an RSX. As it is LHD there is a slight curve on the bottom of the glass plane on the drivers side which is supposed to be on the passenger side on a RHD car and the trim doesn't fit back on. They have assured me they will have it replaced again by Saturday. :(
iv had the rsx screen too. No idea why the supplier doesnt sell them all and get them out the country.

Rom

Advanced Member
Got a call yesterday, seems kine is eine done by them too!
They have booked me for May 6th. Did t even seemed to have ordered the screen yet. As couldn't confirm supplier.
I'm going to get the oem part number and give it to them.

Any idea if our screens came in tint options? Or all green? Usually blue bronze or green

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
I believe they would be green? Not sure if it's a standard but I know most old Japanese cars were brown and the newer are green?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Rom said:
Got a call yesterday, seems kine is eine done by them too!
They have booked me for May 6th. Did t even seemed to have ordered the screen yet. As couldn't confirm supplier.
I'm going to get the oem part number and give it to them.

Any idea if our screens came in tint options? Or all green? Usually blue bronze or green

you can have the screen in standard or standard.

Rom said:
Ive just arranged for a new screen via whoever Greenlight / Markerstudy use.

I confirmed multiple times it was 2001 > DC5. Not RSX, not DC2. He said it lists as a slight green tint, which i cant be sure, as dont have car atm. Its coming from Japan he said, from Honda.
I have new trims and seal to go on when it arrives.

Fingers crossed.
as far as i'm aware when they order from Honda they come from the Honda parts warehouse in Belgium

auto windcreens will bring the top trim for the screen but they will not bring the side trims as they think they can get the old ones off without breaking the clips. yet to see this happen.

Rom

Advanced Member
Cheers. I have all the trims, but if I can get free ones with the screen I will!
I'm going to ring them tomorrow and give them Honda part numbers. I was under the impression they had to come from Japan.
I'm booked in for early May

byker933

andrewv4 said:
Hi mate I've literally just had this exact problem this morning!!

I've gotta wait until Tuesday for them to ring me and try find the correct one.

You had much luck since? What you doing about the windscreen trims and clips?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
tricker_luke said:
What doesn't fit right with the rsx screen? Isn't the body the same shape?
Bottom of screen where its shaped around the wipers