Bad times

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Can try and warn them as they will 100% break on removal, but they will try and take them off, break the clips then order new... They won‘t order them “just in case”. That will mean another visit. Lol. I know of so many owners that have had 3 or 4 visits over a period of months because parts have been slow to obtain, availability of the engineer and then the inevitable wrong windscreen. Either a dc2, or a LHD screen. Lol.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Got it wrong twice for me and on the third I complained, told them they had cost me money in time off and they refunded the 95 quid that i had paid as excess and replaced it correctly on the 3rd time. Then it smashed again 2 months later and they on messed it up once. 🤪🤪

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Can try and warn them as they will 100% break on removal, but they will try and take them off, break the clips then order new... They won‘t order them “just in case”. That will mean another visit. Lol. I know of so many owners that have had 3 or 4 visits over a period of months because parts have been slow to obtain, availability of the engineer and then the inevitable wrong windscreen. Either a dc2, or a LHD screen. Lol.
Well just spoken to them, my new screen is due in on Monday so I assume it will be fitted next week sometime but I am worried they will break the side clips meaning I would then have to complain to get them to replace them and order new ones. More time wasted if that's the case... In order to do this where is bets to obtain the complete part number list as I am basically putting the complaint letter for their Head office together so it can go as soon as the issue occurs).

DC5Noob said:
Got it wrong twice for me and on the third I complained, told them they had cost me money in time off and they refunded the 95 quid that i had paid as excess and replaced it correctly on the 3rd time. Then it smashed again 2 months later and they on messed it up once.
Thanks for the info on this as I may have to do the same depending on how good they are.

Fingers crossed all goes well but based on everyone's experience to date the odds are against me and I will be waiting for the side trims to be ordered. If that's the case do they have to stick the old ones on for the time being does anyone know?

Thanks

Carl

Britz

Advanced Member
I un clipped the trims myself it‘s fiddly but doable with a small screwdriver you just have to bend the metal slightly that the clips sit into I broke the clips on the first side but learned how the work so got the second off with no problems and no snapped clips if I‘d just taken more time on the first side I think i could have done them without snapping. I just stuck the snapped side back down with good double sided tape same as you use on the front and rear lips and you would never know the difference and is on there solid