BC RBC and throttle body

firthy22

Advanced Member
When I had my car dyno'd it made 246bhp and since then had the 5Zigen CAI fitted and fuelling was increased by 3% due to the extra air flowing through.

I didn't get a figure or printout as Paul at Tdi tweaked the map for me on the dyno free of charge but guessing it will be somewhere near the 250 mark. I love the sound of the Mugen airbox and twinloop so rally don't want to change these and womdered what else I could do to break the 250bhp barrier.

Already have a Tegiwa exhaust mani and RBC fitted but wondered if getting the Buddy Club ported RBC and 70mm throttle body would give me that bit extra I need. Can't think of much else I can do without going SC, turbo or cams route which I don't really want to do at present.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I am sure it's easily achievable... I bought a standard RBC from Tegiwa and BuddyClub 70mm TB last year, I did the porting myself.

Before

After

All the mods are on my car right now includes (Mugen Airbox (custom airfeed), DC sport raceheader, spoon catback, and the car is currently being tuned using Kpro V3 at the moment.
The last time i dyno'd my car was at 236bhp /161 lbf without mapping and RBC and 70mm TB. I am due to get my car back this Saturday and i am sure the results will speaks for itself. I will keep you posted.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Try it on different dyno... It may well be over 250. On the other hand, it may not even make 240.

My point is, are you happy with the performance? Number chasing is irrelevant.

Also, if you actually change a part to make that 4bhp, I'm 110% sure you wont even feel the difference.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Try it on different dyno... It may well be over 250. On the other hand, it may not even make 240.

My point is, are you happy with the performance? Number chasing is irrelevant.

Also, if you actually change a part to make that 4bhp, I'm 110% sure you wont even feel the difference.
Ye I know what you mean, running out of mods to do now so think I'm looking for things I don't really need.