Bedford Autodrome- 15th August HELP!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Im just about to book my track day and noticed there a noise restriction of 101db static and 87.5db on drive by.

That isn't very much and I fear my car is too loud. I'm running the following set-up:

• RBC
  • Tegiwa m
  • K100
  • Tegiwa Exhaust mani
  • Fujitsubo RM01a cat back
Do you guys recon that my car would be okay?

Also any one else going on that day?

adam.

Advanced Member
RM01A should be ok, but you're not running a cat - which could be problematic.

There are 4 microphones to look out for; I got pulled up last time I was there - and I've still got my cat in!

That was due to wind direction and my TegM box though.

In the end I was short-shifting and trying not to go past the mics in traffic.

How far from bedford are you? I'm sure they'd be happy to test you prior to the day.

RichA

Advanced Member
I've been there twice with the same setup except an arc intake and never had any issues, there will be much louder machinery there on the day!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Oh man. 4 microphoned are a lot! I don't want to have to short shift or coast half the lap.

I'm about 90 miles away so not exactly local.

I think I was watching one of your youtube videos this morning to get an idea for the track haha! No audio though :(

adam.

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Oh man. 4 microphoned are a lot! I don't want to have to short shift or coast half the lap.

I'm about 90 miles away so not exactly local.

I think I was watching one of your youtube videos this morning to get an idea for the track haha! No audio though :(
Ha yeah that's mine. Sound comes on at 15mins or so on my latest vid.

The mics not in too bad of a place.

Green dots ;)

The trouble with a DC5/K20 is the kind of noise it makes, not necessarily outright burble noise. TegM makes them very peaky, and that's the kind of noise that trips mics.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Yeah the teg m is what worries me for then the exhaust,. but as you said they don't seem to be in bad places and half of the track is mic free! :D

adam.

Advanced Member
If it's GT layout, then the first mic out of T1 (hairpin) is the problem. That's 2nd gear, and you're at max revs right at the mic if you're going for it. Short shift to 3rd at 6k was my safe bet.

Similar with the green dot to the right of the 'venue office'. Short shift there too!

They're pretty good at Bedford thought tbh, they board you if you get within 1dB of the limit.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Yeah I might risk it one lap and see if they pick it up. If they do then ill just short shift. It seems like the best track for a beginner.

Thanks for the help Adam xthumbup

adam.

Advanced Member
All good mate.

I take my standard airbox with me to tracks, just in case there's a militant Marshall/Clerk. It's a 5 min swap to avoid the black flag. :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I don't have a standard ait box :xhuh:
Ill just risk it haha. I'm hoping what Rich says is true and I will have no issues.

I might download a db testing app and just test it

RichA

Advanced Member
I'm sure you'll be fine, I didn't hold back and had no warnings/issues at all, I think the arc is similar noise wise to a gruppe m but can't be certain, I think you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get flagged with that setup

Fez

Advanced Member
Do you have any track more local to you? Just say you're going to book on there and they will usually sound test for you.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
RichA said:
I'm sure you'll be fine, I didn't hold back and had no warnings/issues at all, I think the arc is similar noise wise to a gruppe m but can't be certain, I think you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get flagged with that setup
Fingers crossed bud. I went with this setup in the hope it would be track day friendly. But just seems loud to me haha

Fez said:
Do you have any track more local to you? Just say you're going to book on there and they will usually sound test for you.
I think Bedford, castle combe or brand hatch would be the closest. I live in maidenhead

spooke

Advanced Member
What layout are you going to be on?

I went there a few weeks back and they were pretty strict, they test before you get into the grounds. If you're too loud you'll be off - I have a OEM exhaust with a J's Racing 60R and they told me to fit my bung.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I've scrapped the 15th as I wont make that one now.

Looking at the 20th which is the SEN Circuit?

I thought the RM01a was one of the quiet exhausts :(.

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
I've scrapped the 15th as I wont make that one now.

Looking at the 20th which is the SEN Circuit?

I thought the RM01a was one of the quiet exhausts :(.
Ah ok, I've only been on the West Circuit.

I've not heard one in person but since you have a manifold/decat I'd guess it would be louder than my car. You should be fine though, does it have a bung at all?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
No I don't have a bung in unfortunately :(.

I'm hoping I'll be fine as this set up isn't too bad. Most of the noise comes from the tegiwa m

adam.

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Most of the noise comes from the tegiwa m
A bit of wind in the wrong direction, and some traffic, was what got me warned last time.

Max77

Advanced Member
I had the same set up apart from gruppe m and has no issues at Bedford both on drive by and static. Like others have said there's a lot more loud machinery there than us I had the pleasure of chasing a Ferrari F12 down

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Fingers crossed then lads.

Either way intend to try and make the most of the day. Lets hope the weathers nice haha