Best Machine Polisher??

pete-dc5

Looking for a machine polisher for the motor :)

Dont want to spend mega money but i still want something that will do the job..

Any Suggestions??

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I have bought the Meguiars G220 V2, it's VERY good, one of the best actually, although have heard the DAS-6 is quite good too! DAS-6 being the cheaper of the two.

pete-dc5

i was looking around the £100 mark but ill see if i can get any second hand ones that you mentioned above!

kingston

Advanced Member
I have bought the Meguiars G220 V2, it's VERY good, one of the best actually, although have heard the DAS-6 is quite good too! DAS-6 being the cheaper of the two.
Where did you get your megs from and how much all in (inc the pads and stuff?)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Where did you get your megs from and how much all in (inc the pads and stuff?)
Euro Car Parts were doing a really good deal at the time, I think it was 25% off all megs products so instead of paying £241.96 for the Machine + Polishing, Finishing and Cutting Pad it came to £181.46 which was a good £60 discount! Was the last day of the discount when I bought it plus it's FREE UK Delivery.

By Grabthar's hammer..... what a savings! :lol:

Now I think it is 10% which isn't too bad but I think they have put the prices up a bit since I took advantage of that offer :lol:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/machine-polishers

10% Discount code: MEGUIARS10

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
I would go for a DAS 6 PRO and a selection of Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads (Orange,White & Black)

Cheapest place would be cleanyourcar.co.uk otherwise PM user 'zepp85' on detailing world as he offered me his 'used once' kit inc pads/polish for £115 del

Rob

pete-dc5

I would go for a DAS 6 PRO and a selection of Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads (Orange,White & Black)

Cheapest place would be cleanyourcar.co.uk otherwise PM user 'zepp85' on detailing world as he offered me his 'used once' kit inc pads/polish for £115 del

Rob

Thanks Rob but im not a member of that site :(

Would it be possible for you to forward my email address or contact number onto him?

crxpete@hotmail.co.uk

075 25 939 130

kingston

Advanced Member
If you type in Service30 in the eurocarpart site at check out you get 30% off which brings the Megs down to 146, however, is the Megs worth the 26 quid more than the DAS-Pro and do you need to buy an extra backing plate if you go with the Megs or does it come with one?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
If you type in Service30 in the eurocarpart site at check out you get 30% off which brings the Megs down to 146, however, is the Megs worth the 26 quid more than the DAS-Pro and do you need to buy an extra backing plate if you go with the Megs or does it come with one?
Megs comes with the backing plate, you just need to buy the pads.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i also have the megs machine which is great , beware of some of the yank machines as they are 110v, you have to have a huge transformer to make them work

syko89

I use a kestral Das6 which is essentially a megs g220 without the price tag. Really good bit of kit!
Hex logic pads are great aswell.

If you want to get into paint correction a rotary is far better but can damage the paintwork if not used with care.

kingston

Advanced Member
I use a kestral Das6 which is essentially a megs g220 without the price tag. Really good bit of kit!
Hex logic pads are great aswell.

If you want to get into paint correction a rotary is far better but can damage the paintwork if not used with care.
Decided to go with 6-Pro as like you said, they look very similar to the megs (plus Euro car parts where out of stock) though went with the Meg's pads.

Now just got to figure out what product is used with what pads, any ideas...
Im guessing cutting - Ultimate Compound type of stuff
polishing - polish of what ever description
Finishing - ?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Decided to go with 6-Pro as like you said, they look very similar to the megs (plus Euro car parts where out of stock) though went with the Meg's pads.

Now just got to figure out what product is used with what pads, any ideas...
Im guessing cutting - Ultimate Compound type of stuff
polishing - polish of what ever description
Finishing - ?
Didn't know you could use megs pads with the other polisher?

Cutting - Ultimate Compound
Polishing - Ultimate Compound
Finishing - Wax of your choice.

kingston

Advanced Member
Yeah, as long as the backing plate is size compatible you can mix and match.

So, can you not use a finishing or polishing pad for polish then or do i still have to apply polish, egp and wax all by hand?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah, as long as the backing plate is size compatible you can mix and match.

So, can you not use a finishing or polishing pad for polish then or do i still have to apply polish, egp and wax all by hand?
Not actually 100% sure on that, but I think a finishing pad would be for polish and you would need another finishing pad for wax.

The cutting and polishing pads are really for cutting compounds to correct different levels of defects (I think!)

pete-dc5

Rob

I just bought the one off "zepp85"........... Cheers Rob!

syko89

For cutting you want a cutting pad (hex logic orange) and use some ultimate compound or similar.
If you dont have many swirls to attack just use the white pad with the polish.

I then personally use the blue pad and add a sealant or glaze, this will help give a wet look and will fill any remaining swirl marks.

Most waxes are hand applied only but you can get liquid waxes like clearkote moose wax that can be applied by machine, its very good but isnt as durable as some synthetic waxes