best oil for ITR

dan the man

Advanced Member
oilman said:
dan the man said:
OILMAN......

ok so castrol GTX is a mineral, but as i change every 4k it aint a problem? and motul 300v im onabout.

SIMON.....

yes on the DC2 forum oilman is the dogs!

DTM 8)
The GTX changed every 4k is ok, but it is still only a basic mineral oil.

yep i had some in it before..so what about big drums then?
no go?

dan

The Motul 300v is a pao/ester blend and in a different league, if you are running a modded car, drive hard or do track days then something a little better then the GTX is a good idea as it is not shear stable like the synthetic 300v.

Cheers.

mikegsi

Staff member
i got your email with the bulk prices on and sh@t myself!
but now i realise that they were cheap, and if you want quality you have to pay for it, can you pm me some prices for the better of the two oils (between motul and silkolene, i will trust your judgement on this!) for my dc5, and i will place an order with you, i realise the gb with free postage may have ended, but any offers you want to give will be thankfully accepted! :wink:

oilman

Authorised Advertiser
mikegsi said:
i got your email with the bulk prices on and sh@t myself!
but now i realise that they were cheap, and if you want quality you have to pay for it, can you pm me some prices for the better of the two oils (between motul and silkolene, i will trust your judgement on this!) for my dc5, and i will place an order with you, i realise the gb with free postage may have ended, but any offers you want to give will be thankfully accepted! :wink:
The thing with oil and many things is if you want a top quality one its going to cost, its sadly not going to get any cheaper but we do try to remain competitive :D

As for the best between Motul and Silkolene, well there isnt really not from a quality perspective as they are both as good as each other so its down to personal choice.

IMO the Silkolene is slighter better vlaue for money as its slighter cheaper per ltr. :wink:

If you want to order just drop me a mail to call us on 01209 215164

Cheers

Guy.

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
I've just recently bought my car, and it's running 10/40 semi synth is this ok for it :?:

mikegsi

Staff member
its what mine is running mate, as long as oil changes are regular it'll be fine, not the best stuff for it like, but wont cause any damage, i find when using this it burns next to nothing!

oh, and apologies oilman for the lack of phonecall, funds are tight at the mo what with being about to spend over £1k on k-pro and other mods

oilman

Authorised Advertiser
Gaz 1 said:
I've just recently bought my car, and it's running 10/40 semi synth is this ok for it :?:
Yes, of course no need to worry.

If the car is still quite new it may be still going through the running in process, this is done with the aid of mineral oils and usually runs up until the first service.

After first service, I believe 10k or so :?: you can use a good 5w-30/5w-40 full synthetic.

If your car has already had the first service then you can upgrade to the full synthetic.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Guy.

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
Thanks, my car is a 2003 and just turned 12k, and just been serviced prior to me collecting it, prob change to fully synth at my next service

linzi94

Advanced Member
i was off work today (on holiday) but popped in to see my mates, one of them told me i had just missed a guy in a white dc5, he had bought it from Dicksons and was looking for oil. he asked specifically for 10/40.

my work mate looked at him with furrowed brow and asked why he was looking for that grade - the guy said Dicksons advised him that it was best for his car :?

after reading through various oil related posts and speaking to people at honda and people who own them, the general consensus seemed to be to use 0/40 or 0/60.

confused.

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
Thats what he told me what was in it, so i'll use it till it's next sevice then i'll put fully synth in it :) no worries