Best springs for oem suspension

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Hi guys looking to buy lowering springs for oem shocks can I get advice on best ones that avoid a mega harsh ride and being knocky or clicky?

Thanks

Indi

Advanced Member
I had Eibach Pro kit springs with OEM dampers on my previous DC5, the ride was beautiful similar to OEM but stiffens up around corners as they are progressive springs :)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I'm using skunk2's on oem shocks. Also, as my car is my daily driver, it sees many different roads.
I rate them very highly.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
If you want to avoid any knocks, and bangs then stay away from spoon. Excellent spring and sits perfectly but does have its downfalls

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I have my suspension up for sale at moment. Could be tempted to sell just the Eibach Springs if you like ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
If you want to avoid any knocks, and bangs then stay away from spoon. Excellent spring and sits perfectly but does have its downfalls
I haven't experienced this? Love mine. Probably one of the only lowering springs apart from tanabe that don't give reverse rake.

Love the ride, and no knocks here :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I think it's because you're running mugen Showa shocks?

If you run them on Oem shocks the springs move around a bit meaning it clunks when turning. Also spoon springs don't have Spring sleeves so they make a noise when going over bumps

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Ok how much posted buddy?

quote name="TonksyDC5" post="444018" timestamp="1469709866"]I have my suspension up for sale at moment. Could be tempted to sell just the Eibach Springs if you like ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

kingcobwidley

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I haven't experienced this? Love mine. Probably one of the only lowering springs apart from tanabe that don't give reverse rake.
Love the ride, and no knocks here :)
Same here, oem with spoon, no problems B-)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mix of eibach pro and sport sit and feel good to me on mine (done by previous owner)

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Is there any aftermarket spring that are better than OEM but without lowering the car (maintain the same ride height)?
My concern is that any lowering spring would need adjustment on sway bar, end link, etc.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Nope, brand new OEM here mate :) well new in October so nearly a year old.
Well this is awkward haha. I've been having this clunking issue since I fitted them at TGM. I spoke to Tom about it and he said it was due to the fact the dampers are too long for the shorter springs. Maybe its a facelift issue? I know a few other members have had this issue.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I had teins before, and they clanged together a gooden. they had one more coil on the progressive part of the spring compared to the spoons, but the teins came with rubber sleeves to slide where the bottom coil rests in the strut, and to where the coils started to get tighter towards the middle of the spring. They silenced them after that :)

Would recommend some for yours by the sounds of things. Would be a good idea on the bottom coil atleast, otherwise thats just metal on metal. Even the oem have a rubber sleeve on the bottom coil :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ebay, just get some silicone hose and slice it so it can be slid over. :) im sure there was a thread on it somewhere recently, believe Olly dc5 (could have got the name slightly wrong) has done it. Or had the measurements to jand. Ill see if i can find it.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
He seems to have taken the photos down. I would imagine a 12mm internal diameter silicone hose would be ok. Only need to cut about 150mm lengths and slide them to where needed. You don't wrap the whole spring. Just The bits that make contact :) if you jack the car up you will see where the paint will be worn and that where they go :)